+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Spouse allowed to apply for job with a Canada PR

anupamray

Jan 4, 2017
Hi,
Both me and my wife took the IELTS last month this year, unfortunately my score comes out to be 6.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.5 (overall 6.5) but my wife's 9, 6.5, 7.5, 6.5 (Overall 7.5) in L,R,W,S section respectively - which means that I have to reappear for the test just to be eligible to apply for Express Entry for Canada PR.

To save time from reappearing IELTS, I am now thinking to make my wife primary applicant, and myself as secondary. I am aware that my wife being primary applicant can only post in job bank and following that, will be able to apply for job and may receive offers. In this situation ,being a secondary applicant , pl let me know when I will be eligible to apply or look for any job, in a word I will like to know the details of job finding guidelines for a secondary applicant.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
You will be able to look for a job just like your wife. The job bank is just a formality and no one actually gets a job through it (at least I have not heard of anyone yet). This is why CIC is removing the job bank registration in its recent changes to Express Entry.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Maverick28 said:
You will be able to look for a job just like your wife. The job bank is just a formality and no one actually gets a job through it (at least I have not heard of anyone yet). This is why CIC is removing the job bank registration in its recent changes to Express Entry.
Thanks for this. I thought I was the only one who hasn't been able to find a job through Job Bank since the last 6 months ;)

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Maverick28 said:
Try using Linkedin and other Canadian job boards instead.
Yes, I'm leaving no stone unturned in trying to find a job in Canada. No luck so far but I won't give up so easily ;) Thanks once again.

hopesarehigh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wandering Mind said:
Thanks for this. I thought I was the only one who hasn't been able to find a job through Job Bank since the last 6 months ;)
You will be the only one to get a job through job bank in the last 6 months if you get one ;D

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
hopesarehigh said:
You will be the only one to get a job through job bank in the last 6 months if you get one ;D
I wish ;) But no such luck :( My CV is getting shinier and shinier each day as I keep polishing it ;)