+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Sponsoring a widowed mother in Quebec lottery based too?

Dhawal Rank

Nov 4, 2014
I looked for this everywhere but couldn’t find any answer. I have a widowed mother and I am his only son. There is no one to support her in India. I am planning to sponsor her to Canada and have. been trying IRCC’s PGP program which is lottery based. Is it same for Family Reunification program in Quebec? Does it go through same lottery based system or can I apply directly skipping the line if I meet all the criteria?

Thanks in advance for any help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I looked for this everywhere but couldn’t find any answer. I have a widowed mother and I am his only son. There is no one to support her in India. I am planning to sponsor her to Canada and have. been trying IRCC’s PGP program which is lottery based. Is it same for Family Reunification program in Quebec? Does it go through same lottery based system or can I apply directly skipping the line if I meet all the criteria?

Yes, it's the same for Quebec and you must use the same lottery system. No, you cannot apply directly.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

There is no priority for only children, widowed parents or if you are the only son. You have the option to hire help for your mother until you get selected or she can apply for a supervisa to visit you for 2 years and hope she gets selected during that time. There are many people in similar positions and wanting to sponsor their parents but parent sponsorship was never guaranteed and never guaranteed within a certain period of time. The Quebec applicants who get selected through the PGP process have to meet Quebec’s specific requirements.