+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is SOP required for SDS student?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I am applying through SDS online application and I did not write a SOP when submitting my application. I am accepted to a university and I have met all of the requirements for SDS students. Despite this, would I still be rejected just for not having a SOP submitted? This SOP letter was not mentioned in the documents required section on the application.

Also, how long does it usually take to process a SDS online application in 2019?

Ash_dc

May 29, 2019
While they do not mention Sop as a compulsion, I have seen a lot of people saying that it plays a major role in helping the visa office make a decision
I'm not an expert but I'd recommend you send them a sop using the webform

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
While they do not mention Sop as a compulsion, I have seen a lot of people saying that it plays a major role in helping the visa office make a decision
I'm not an expert but I'd recommend you send them a sop using the webform
Thanks for the reply. Will sending a SOP in the web form be read by the visa officers?
Also, what should I write in my SOP as my application doesn't seem to have any complications.
One more thing, do you think that a high school student pursing a Bachelor degree has a higher visa success rate than applying for a diploma/certificate? I recently saw a post of a high school graduate applying for a diploma at a college and got rejected, so I am worried.

Mar 11, 2021
I am applying through SDS online application and I did not write a SOP when submitting my application. I am accepted to a university and I have met all of the requirements for SDS students. Despite this, would I still be rejected just for not having a SOP submitted? This SOP letter was not mentioned in the documents required section on the application.

Also, how long does it usually take to process a SDS online application in 2019?
[/QUOT
Have u got your visa??
Could u please answer my question because i also didnt attach sop in my file so thats why i want to know

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Could u answer my question that without sop can we get approval?
Yes you can! Idk why so many people think if you submit an application without sop it might get refused. If your proposed studies are different than your recent qualification or work then you need a sop. I applied without sop if you needed some reassurance lol

Mar 11, 2021
Yes you can! Idk why so many people think if you submit an application without sop it might get refused. If your proposed studies are different than your recent qualification or work then you need a sop. I applied without sop if you needed some reassurance lol
So did u get ur visa or not?
And what is the reason behind taking this risk ? Or u know somebody who got approval without sop?

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
So did u get ur visa or not?
And what is the reason behind taking this risk ? Or u know somebody who got approval without sop?
Risk? There’s no risk lol it’s not a mandatory document. I have excellent grades and my program is relevant to my studies so I don’t need a sop. No I didn’t get visa because everything is being processed at a snail’s pace. Yes, legit everyone that I know has applied without sop and got their visa!
If you’re sceptical about it then attach one but if you’re fairly confident in your profile then you don’t need one.

Mar 11, 2021
Risk? There’s no risk lol it’s not a mandatory document. I have excellent grades and my program is relevant to my studies so I don’t need a sop. No I didn’t get visa because everything is being processed at a snail’s pace. Yes, legit everyone that I know has applied without sop and got their visa!
If you’re sceptical about it then attach one but if you’re fairly confident in your profile then you don’t need one.
I told my agent to attach it but he didnt....he said no no and no
Btw how much did u score??.....above than 80% or 90%

Mar 11, 2021
Oh my god
But i only
12th 94%
bcom(hons) 77%
Ielts 7.5
Oh my god
But i only got 82% in 12th and 6.5 in ielts
So now tell me... Sop important in my case or not? please.....i know im repeating my ques again and again and may be its irritating for u ...but plz tell me one last time

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Oh my god
But i only

Oh my god
But i only got 82% in 12th and 6.5 in ielts
So now tell me... Sop important in my case or not? please.....i know im repeating my ques again and again and may be its irritating for u ...but plz tell me one last time
What was your stream and what program did you choose?