+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is self employed immigration possible for a piano teacher?

Freddie20

Aug 2, 2016
Hello,
I have a master's degree in piano pedagogy(teaching) and have been teaching full-time in the states for over 10 years. I would like to live in Toronto as I have some family there and love the city. Will they grant my application? What would be some of the reasons for denying my application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't qualify under self employment. To qualify, you would need to be a performing concert pianists who is globally recognized. Piano teachers do not qualify. You should take a look at the Federal Skilled Worker / Express Entry program instead.

maishou

May 1, 2015
 Self-employed experience in cultural activities or athletics. This will capture those
traditionally applying in this category. For example, music teachers, painters, illustrators,
film makers, freelance journalists. Beyond that, the category is intended to capture those
people who work behind the scenes, for example, choreographers, set designers, coaches
and trainers.
OP8

sran81

Aug 16, 2016
Re: Is self employed immigration possible for a wrestling coach?

Hi,
I wants to migrate to Canada as coach. I have come a cross self-employed category which allow wrestling coach who have 7 years of wrestling Coach experience. Be a proud member of sports family. i was wrestler for 12 years.i got lot of reconigation from Government, Non Govt. & other institution.In 2008, i started my career as awrestling coach.latest achievement, my trainee has won bronze medal in 2016 asian cadet wrestling championship,Taiwan. I have one year degree of Physical Education after graduate and 36 years old. I would like to know if I qualify under this category or is there other conditions involved.

sran
India

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

sran81 said:
Hi,
I wants to migrate to Canada as coach. I have come a cross self-employed category which allow wrestling coach who have 7 years of wrestling Coach experience. Be a proud member of sports family. i was wrestler for 12 years.i got lot of reconigation from Government, Non Govt. & other institution.In 2008, i started my career as awrestling coach.latest achievement, my trainee has won bronze medal in 2016 asian cadet wrestling championship,Taiwan. I have one year degree of Physical Education after graduate and 36 years old. I would like to know if I qualify under this category or is there other conditions involved.

sran
India
I think it's impossible for any of us to say if you qualify or not - that will be determined by CIC. Ideally you would have global recognition in your sport (i.e. be a name in the sport that is recognized globally).

You should be aware that the posted processing times for self-employed application is 9 years. This is Canada's slowest immigration stream.

maishou

May 1, 2015
for athletics:
two one-year periods of experience in self-employment in athletics, or
two one-year periods of experience in participation at a world class level in athletics, or
a combination of a one-year period of experience described in 1 above, and a one-year period of experience described in 2 above
If you have 7 years of coach experience as self-employed, your experience seems good. I agree with Scylla, this class's processing time is very long. Unless you are currently legally working in Canada as a self-employed wrestling coach.

sran81

Aug 16, 2016

scylla said:
I think it's impossible for any of us to say if you qualify or not - that will be determined by CIC. Ideally you would have global recognition in your sport (i.e. be a name in the sport that is recognized globally).

You should be aware that the posted processing times for self-employed application is 9 years. This is Canada's slowest immigration stream.
thkx scylla...you give me best information about my immigration stream. i didn't attach my language test (ILETS) with my file,can i send this document after submitted file .Give me any suggestions, for my stream processing time short by cic.

dear friend , share with me your experiences about my stream on my whatsapp no 919872006312.