waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hi Leon and expertise,
Well after long waiting, I got my claim heared and accepted last month. I have oportunity of working next may. Do I need to have work permit or my staues now as Protected Peron allows me to work.
I searched under CIC, they say "If your case is accepted you can stay permenantly"
In the same time I have PR application as skilled worker that moved to Ottawa. It recieved posstive eligibilty assessment, medical done, but no news from Ottawa.
Now, I need to work and support my famiy as my resouces goes down.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

salem10 said:
Hi Leon and expertise,
Well after long waiting, I got my claim heared and accepted last month. I have oportunity of working next may. Do I need to have work permit or my staues now as Protected Peron allows me to work.
I searched under CIC, they say "If your case is accepted you can stay permenantly"
In the same time I have PR application as skilled worker that moved to Ottawa. It recieved posstive eligibilty assessment, medical done, but no news from Ottawa.
You require a work permit to work until you become a PR.

Abba-Lib

Star Member
May 12, 2013
some where
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Salem ,

My name is Mohamed , And I'm from Libya currenty I'm seeking to travel to Canada and calaim refugee there ! As you are in Canada and you have experince in refugee status , could you please help me with some info ?.

I really apprciate your answer.
Best regards,
Mohamed

salem10 said:
Hi Leon and expertise,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Abba-Lib said:
Hi Salem ,

My name is Mohamed , And I'm from Libya currenty I'm seeking to travel to Canada and calaim refugee there ! As you are in Canada and you have experince in refugee status , could you please help me with some info ?.
If you want to travel to Canada the first step is to obtain a tourist visa (temporary resident visa). To obtain a TRV, you must prove that you have enough money to pay for your visit, that you have strong ties to your home country and that you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Unfortunately it will likely be very difficult for you to be approved for a TRV.

If you cannot be approved for a TRV, then your only other option from a refugee perspective is to be identified as a refugee for resettlement by the UN.

Abba-Lib

Star Member
May 12, 2013
some where
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear scylla :

Thanks alot for your cmments , Currently I dont have any problem on getting the way how to enter Canada , My only concern is how the refuge claim prosess will go im my cas as a Libya ? for this reason I asked Mr.Salem as he is a Libyan and staying in Canada under refugee status , he could guide me as we are from the same country .. and I dont want to go to Canada nad get lost there without knowing things in advance .

Any comments from All are highly apprciated .

Regards

scylla said:
If you want to travel to Canada the first step is to obtain a tourist visa (temporary resident visa). To obtain a TRV, you must prove that you have enough money to pay for your visit, that you have strong ties to your home country and that you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Unfortunately it will likely be very difficult for you to be approved for a TRV.

If you cannot be approved for a TRV, then your only other option from a refugee perspective is to be identified as a refugee for resettlement by the UN.