+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is post-baccalaureate degree accepted for proof of language?

persianguy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Hello folks,
I did my post-baccalaureate education (it's a diploma) at Capilano University (in Vancouver). I'm wondering if my program and university is eligible as a proof of English language proficiency. The program took more than a year (about 17 months)
Thanks,

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I was incorrect - yes, you can submit this for a Citizenship application.

I somehow assumed this was for express entry.

Last edited:

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hello folks,
I did my post-baccalaureate education (it's a diploma) at Capilano University (in Vancouver). I'm wondering if my program and university is eligible as a proof of English language proficiency. The program took more than a year (about 17 months)
Thanks,
Actually yes. My friend had the same situation as you and she called cic to be sure before turning her application in. They accepted . She submitted her diploma as well as the transcripts .

Please call CIC if you want to be more sure.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
It is a Canadian public university. I think as long as you can submit a copy of your diploma you will be fine.
From CIC website,

Did you or do you attend a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French?
The program can be in or outside Canada.

If you did, send a copy of proof that you completed or are attending a program with your application. Proof can be your:

• diploma
  • transcript
  • certificate
Your proof must be in English or French. If it’s in another language, you must also send a certified English or French translation. The translation should show that the language of instruction of the program was English or French

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Diploma and also the transcripts from Canadian university. My friend already became a citizen and the total time for her was less than 7 months from sending her application to getting the passport.

My friend also said that she submitted more documents in the application package. For example, she submitted the transcripts without being asked for, as well as the copies of her CRA assessments. Her advice is that the more proof you provide, the faster your file may be processsed.