+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Police Clearance Certificate PCC is required for SDS with SOWP application?

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
Hi all
I have submitted my SDS application for MBA (2yrs). Along with SOWP for my wife and study permit for dependent children are submitted. Now I got the biometric letter, which I'm going to give next week.
My question here is, will they ask for PCC during the review of my SDS or SOWP application?
We don't have any travel history. Should I apply for a PCC now itself? Since my address in passport and current address are different, I think they may issue PCC only after police verification to my new address. Also, I'm not sure since the address is different whether the passport office will ask me to apply for a reissue of a new passport? If reissue is required I can't process it because in my application for SDS and SOWP current passport number and details are used.
Do you have any experience like this?

Thank you
Sunil

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
The PCC issued by Regional Passport office Mumbai does not mention any address. Remember this is not an address verification process. Its a criminality verification process , hence only local police station of the pincode where you stay can certify that there is no "adverse" record in your or family name. You should go ahead for PCC process through Passport website and give your present address.

They normally dont ask for PCC in the SDS (I didnt see a single portion of the questionnaire where PCC was to be uploaded) , but since I had completed PCC before hand, I uploaded the PCC along with all other documents and even wrote in my LOA that I have uploaded the PCC.

You could PCC later after submitting the application and upload it through webform and inform IRCC that you have done so to save time.

Reactions: biotechsun

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
1. Will they ask for PCC during the review of my SDS or SOWP application?

NO

2. We don't have any travel history. Should I apply for a PCC now itself?

You have to show strong ties to your home country in your Client Information (Statement of Purpose.) [You have already submitted your application!]

3. If reissue is required I can't process it because in my application for SDS and SOWP current passport number and details are used.

You can give your latest / updated / re-issued Passport for stamping the VISA (PPR.)
ie. You can submit your application with a passport; then get a new passport with the present address; and give it for VISA stamping.

This is NOT required in your case, unless any of your passports are expiring within "12 months + duration of your course + six months."
You study permit will be valid till the EXPIRY DATE of your passport.

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
@x11chandrasekhar@iima.ac and @binnareyn
Thank you for your prompt response. I'm going to apply for PCC today, I will upload it once I receive the same. I have mentioned strong ties to the home country in m SOP.
Thank you for your detailed response. I'm giving my BM on the 10th. My course start date is Oct 12. Hoping for the best.

Sunil

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
Dear all
is it required to PCC for my kids aged 16 years, and aged 12, who are applying for SP along with my SDS application?

In the application status
For my elder son, it is showing
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
For my younger son, it is showing
Background check
  • Not applicable.

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
Dear all
is it required to PCC for my kids aged 16 years, and aged 12, who are applying for SP along with my SDS application?

In the application status
For my elder son, it is showing
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
For my younger son, it is showing
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Hi, I am planning to apply under SDS along with spouse for may 2022 Intake for a masters program, can u please update on ur status??. It will be very helpful and did u apply urself or agent?

MHtoAB

Apr 26, 2021
I applied for Fall 21 intake in March with sowp without PCC and visas were granted in August. We did not use an agent.

Reactions: babachill

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
I applied for Fall 21 intake in March with sowp without PCC and visas were granted in August. We did not use an agent.
That's great. Can you please share which country did you apply from and whether your SP and the SOWP was approved at the same time?

MHtoAB

Apr 26, 2021
That's great. Can you please share which country did you apply from and whether your SP and the SOWP was approved at the same time?
Applied from India. Yes both were approved at the same time, approval was delayed because of hold on PPR from India for a few weeks in June/ July.

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
Applied from India. Yes both were approved at the same time, approval was delayed because of hold on PPR from India for a few weeks in June/ July.
Hey, please let me know do i need to show anymore funds apart from GIS 14000 CAD for both of us ?

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
I have done PCC for my kids and submitted through webform. Still waiting for IRCC to make decision. Attending online class now. Applied on 3rd Aug and biometric was done on 10th Aug. 2nd Oct eligibility review started, after that no updates.

Reactions: babachill

babachill

Nov 4, 2018
I have done PCC for my kids and submitted through webform. Still waiting for IRCC to make decision. Attending online class now. Applied on 3rd Aug and biometric was done on 10th Aug. 2nd Oct eligibility review started, after that no updates.
what I have seen that applying 3 months before gives u a upper hand whether the visa gets approved or rejected. Studying online is a risky considering dependents involved in Visa.