+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PNP needs to stay in same province from they got PR or they can move other Province

Aliz14

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Additional Documents 01 Feb 2017
Nomination.....
20 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
17 Nov 2016
Med's Request
25 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2017 (Somewhere)
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..........
LANDED..........
GOD Knows......
Hi guys,

I have a quick question regarding citizenship. Is it necessary to stay in the same province from where to get PR. I mean one of my friend was living in Ontario from there he applies and got PNP from nova scotia, now he becomes PR, on bases of PNP Nova Scotia. he already moved to Nova Scotia, but he wants to go back to Ontario due to his personal reason.

Please reply me in this regards thank you in advance.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hi guys,

I have a quick question regarding citizenship. Is it necessary to stay in the same province from where to get PR. I mean one of my friend was living in Ontario from there he applies and got PNP from nova scotia, now he becomes PR, on bases of PNP Nova Scotia. he already moved to Nova Scotia, but he wants to go back to Ontario due to his personal reason.

Please reply me in this regards thank you in advance.
You can move anywhere within Canada after you get your PR Card. Now let's say you got PNP from NS and then changed your province before landing - your PNP can be easily withdrawn, you will be at a risk of loosing your residency and then will have to start from scratch again.

By any means you should not move out of the province unless you have your PR card on hand. People who does move before landing are facing issues. There are so many people who had moved before landing and were rejected the PR status on landing day They ask you to confirm your address for PR card and may ask you to confirm the current employer and shopw recent pay stubs - if you don't work in NS anymore you certainly don't qualify for PNP. It will be withdrawn right away.

don't take risk - think wisely. Once you have PR card do whatever you want - move wherever you would like to. Good Luck.