+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Paid-leave when in a full time job counted under continuous work experience?

Dip2808

Jul 31, 2020
Does Paid-leave when in a full time job count under continuous work experience?

Any response would be appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You can't count the hours but it would be continuous if you return back to work for that employer. You can count the time before and after thr leave.

Reactions: Uvr

Dip2808

Jul 31, 2020
You can't count the hours but it would be continuous if you return back to work for that employer. You can count the time before and after thr leave.
Do you mind elaborating further? why would it the hours not count when I am getting paid by the employer and resuming work after a week or so?
And if the hours won't count then won't it make my hours go less, I believe there is a minimum number of hours that I need to complete.
Is that correct?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other

“An allowance for a reasonable period of vacation time will generally be made in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., a two-week period of paid vacation leave within a given 52-week period in which the applicant was engaged in qualifying work experience). An allowance for normal vacation time during a period of qualifying work experience cannot be used as a substitute or proxy for meeting the in-Canada element of the work experience requirement (i.e., work experience obtained outside Canada will not be considered as though the applicant had been on a period of vacation in order to be counted as part of the period of in-Canada work experience). While officers will account for a reasonable period of vacation time in calculating the period of qualifying work experience in Canada, each application is considered on its own merits with a final decision based on a review of all the information available to the officer at the time of decision.”

Source