+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is only reference letter enough???

Jsouf22

Feb 3, 2019
Hello guys,
Please i need help.
I have 465 points but Im very worried about applying for have express entry considering my work experience. I have worked for over a year, but it was paid in cash. Fortunately, i got the logo headed reference letter with details: duties, manager, address, number of hours per week, salary/ hour, but thats all what i have.
I have no pay stubs or slips or any other document.
What is the chance they will ask for more documents?? Or did any one apply with only reference letter and got approved???

KichuKeech

Jan 6, 2019
According to IRCC, reference letter is the only document needed. If it contains all the points required and if the job duties match the NOC chosen then it should be sufficient.

Rmv.18

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Was your case accepted?
Hello guys,
Please i need help.
I have 465 points but Im very worried about applying for have express entry considering my work experience. I have worked for over a year, but it was paid in cash. Fortunately, i got the logo headed reference letter with details: duties, manager, address, number of hours per week, salary/ hour, but thats all what i have.
What is the chance they will ask for more documents?? Or did any one apply with only reference letter and got approved???
as

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hello guys,
Please i need help.

Yes it should be enough. Especially if the employer has a web presence.

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hello guys,
Please i need help.
Don't worry @Jsouf22
You are not the only one. I am also in the same boat. I too, have only reference letter to prove my work.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Just a reference letter is fine provided that it has all of the required information. I only submitted reference letters (no payslips etc) and received PPR this week. I also only submitted a bank letter with the six month average figure (no bank statements etc).

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Just a reference letter is fine provided that it has all of the required information. I only submitted reference letters (no payslips etc) and received PPR this week. I also only submitted a bank letter with the six month average figure (no bank statements etc).
Hi bairn 7!
Firstly, Congrats for your PR.
I need your help if you don't mind. I just want to ask that have you added your joining letter too? Or only reference letter will work? Please reply as soon as possible as I am going to take reference letter from my employer today however he refused to give me any joining letter.
Thanks in advance.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi bairn 7!
Firstly, Congrats for your PR.
I need your help if you don't mind. I just want to ask that have you added your joining letter too? Or only reference letter will work? Please reply as soon as possible as I am going to take reference letter from my employer today however he refused to give me any joining letter.
Thanks in advance.
What's a joining letter? A contract? Whatever you can get, get.. Other than that, don't stress over something not listed in the requirements.

Reactions: Sharan083