+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is one eye person eligible for Canada PR?

Rocky77

May 19, 2019
Hi All,
Can anyone help me to know if a person with 1 eye is eligible for Canada PR or not?

- due to an accident long back, I lost vision (Completely) in one of my eye where the other eye is working fine and i am able to read though one eye properly using glasses.
- Would there any differentiation in terms of PR or study visa in the above case?

Thanks
Rocky77

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Unless you require more than about $19,000 per year in medical care or your one eye poses a serious risk to the health of other Canadians through contagion or other risks to public safety, you absolutely do not need to worry. There is no impact on any immigration application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume you are also able to work. If you are unable to work or care for yourself would be another issue but otherwise agree no issue if you lost your eye to an accident. There isn’t even a risk of you losing sight in the other eye because your loss of sight wasn’t related to a disease.

Rocky77

May 19, 2019
Assume you are also able to work. If you are unable to work or care for yourself would be another issue but otherwise agree no issue if you lost your eye to an accident. There isn’t even a risk of you losing sight in the other eye because your loss of sight wasn’t related to a disease.
Thank you for your detailed reply...

Rocky77

May 19, 2019
Thanks for your reply .. appreciate