+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is NOC 21222 valid for OINP

mkss30

Jun 26, 2019
Hi Team,

I am on intra company transfer based on NOC 21222. I was checking NOC 21222 is not part of any OINP draws. Is this NOC valid for OINP or not?

My Current express score is 481 but i didn't create any profile for OINP.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Mks

Reactions: ramadandesouki

ramadandesouki

Dec 4, 2023
So what is your CRS score if you can count 50 points for LMIA/CWP?
435 after adding the one year Canadian experience. Although my IELTS is R-9, L-8.5, S-8, W-7.5.
If I learn French, then how many points will it add?
Another question, can I ask my employer to change the NOC? I understand that it long process and it will require new LMIA. If we manage to get the LMIA NOC matches one of the OINP frequently picked NOCs, then it will work.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
435 after adding the one year Canadian experience. Although my IELTS is R-9, L-8.5, S-8, W-7.5.
If I learn French, then how many points will it add?
Another question, can I ask my employer to change the NOC? I understand that it long process and it will require new LMIA. If we manage to get the LMIA NOC matches one of the OINP frequently picked NOCs, then it will work.
But are you on a LMIA or LMIA exempt permit? You may be able to count 50 points. You have to do the calculations on the French if you get at least B2 (advanced intermediate).

If employer changes the NOC, then this requires a new LMIA. The job will have to be posted and employer must follow recruitment guidelines as well as salary most likely will have to increase and meet the median wage for the NOC.

ramadandesouki

Dec 4, 2023
But are you on a LMIA or LMIA exempt permit? You may be able to count 50 points. You have to do the calculations on the French if you get at least B2 (advanced intermediate).

If employer changes the NOC, then this requires a new LMIA. The job will have to be posted and employer must follow recruitment guidelines as well as salary most likely will have to increase and meet the median wage for the NOC.
LMIA Exempt.

ramadandesouki

Dec 4, 2023

Salary is already high, and it shouldn't be an issue here. the challenging part will be the recruitment guidelines...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
LMIA Exempt.
So employer will have to start from scratch with a new LMIA. It most likely will not be a LMIA exempt permit because your employer is not transferring you into the job from outside Canada. Your employer is proving no Canadian, PR can do the job. Your employer needs to be working with HR or lawyer on changing the NOC and applying for a new work permit. You then need to apply for another closed work permit based on the new NOC showing your education, and job experience.

Why can’t you count 50 points for Express Entry. Still may be too low but will increase your score.

ramadandesouki

Dec 4, 2023
So employer will have to start from scratch with a new LMIA. It most likely will not be a LMIA exempt permit because your employer is not transferring you into the job from outside Canada. Your employer is proving no Canadian, PR can do the job. Your employer needs to be working with HR or lawyer on changing the NOC and applying for a new work permit. You then need to apply for another closed work permit based on the new NOC showing your education, and job experience.

Why can’t you count 50 points for Express Entry. Still may be too low but will increase your score.
Thank you Ramadan, for completing your assessment. Please see your CRS score below.
Your results
All Express Entry candidates get a score out of 1,200, based on the four parts of the Comprehensive Ranking System formula.
Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 15
  • Level of education = 112
  • Official Languages = 128
    • First Official Language = 128
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 35
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 290
Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 7
  • First Official Languages = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 7
Skill transferability factors
Education (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 13
Subtotal = 38
Foreign work experience (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 25
Subtotal = 50
Certificate of qualification = 0
Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 88
Additional points (to a maximum of 600 points)
Provincial nomination = 0
Job offer = 50
Study in Canada = 0
Sibling in Canada = 0
French-language skills = 0
Subtotal Additional points = 50
Comprehensive Ranking System Total Score = 435