+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my newborn able to enter Canada with me? (temporary foreign worker)

cygoh9

Apr 6, 2020
Just landed and waiting for our connection flight.
Everything went really smooth and easy.
Air Canada called the embassy to make sure we’re allowed to enter before we where allowed to board and that’s been it.
That's fantastic. Just for my information, which airport did you fly from? And for your child, was it an eTA or a TRV? I hope you are safely self-isolating by now!

Icke

Jan 29, 2019
Germany
That's fantastic. Just for my information, which airport did you fly from? And for your child, was it an eTA or a TRV? I hope you are safely self-isolating by now!
Thanks, we have beautiful quiet place to self isolate and enjoy the nature :)

We flew in from Frankfurt/Germany and my son only had an eTA.
At immigration he got his visitor visa for the same length as our Work Permits.

Mads.16

May 18, 2020
Category........
WP
Even I am in the same stage, but I already travelled to Canada in dependent visa/visitor visa. Now my sowp is approved during December 2019. We came for a vacation and now wants to go back to Canada. And the below link says we are exempted.

https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38990&lang=en

There s a prohibition section and the (m) point says we are exempted

thank you
I have checked my situation with a law firm in Canada my husband coordinated , I would be eligible to travel with valid visa and permit but at Port of entry they are to interpret in diff approaches.

cygoh9

Apr 6, 2020
Thanks, we have beautiful quiet place to self isolate and enjoy the nature :)

We flew in from Frankfurt/Germany and my son only had an eTA.
At immigration he got his visitor visa for the same length as our Work Permits.
That's great - i have a few more question.

May I ask what airline did you use? Was it crowded and making people anxious or well controlled?
Is there a long queue in airport to get your work permit issued?
What strategy do you have for self isolation? Ie did you pre-order grocery before hand etc?
Cheers!

Last edited:

Icke

Jan 29, 2019
Germany
That's great - i have a few more question.

May I ask what airline did you use? Was it crowded and making people anxious or well controlled?
Is there a long queue in airport to get your work permit issued?
What strategy do you have for self isolation? Ie did you pre-order grocery before hand etc?
Cheers!
We flew with Air Canada and there weren‘t too many people flying. The Airports we’re pretty empty which was the only thing that was kinda scary because I’ve never seen one before like this.
Every one was really relaxed and calm haven‘t seen any anxious people.
The plane was almost empty, some sections we‘re completely closed and passengers were able to lay down on a couple of seats to get some sleep. Board service is close to none.
You get water and some snacks, that’s pretty much it but works.
You have to wear a face mask during the whole flight. Of course during drinking and eating you can take it off.

The‘re was no Queue at immigration. One family in front of us an no one after us when we arrived. The whole process was done pretty fast which was awesome because we also travelled with our dog ( in cabin ).

For self isolation we booked an air bnb. We told the Host before what we where planning and asked if he‘s ok with it and about grocery delivery options.

We ordered them before and and our host thankfully even picked them up for us an stored them before our arrival.

To have everything in hand at immigration we printed out all the Information, conversation ect to show them that we can self isolate safely and how we get there. But didn‘t have to use one of these , just a Confirmation of my employer that they‘re still waiting for me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have checked my situation with a law firm in Canada my husband coordinated , I would be eligible to travel with valid visa and permit but at Port of entry they are to interpret in diff approaches.
Would check with CBSA and CIC versus a law firm.