+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my Master's degree in English a valid proof of my language skills?

PTbuio

Jun 8, 2019
Hi, I'm a Danish citizen, married to a Canadian citizen, and looking for work in Canada (while still in Denmark). Does anyone know if my BA and MA in English from a Danish university counts for anything, or do I have to take a standardised test to prove my proficiency?

If anyone knows of resources, websites etc. for finding jobs in my field or for someone with my qualifications, preferably in NB, I'd also appreciate it immensely.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Unfortunately yes, you will have to take the proficiency test if you are planning to sell residency

On the other hand, for a job application it may not be required

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I'm a Danish citizen, married to a Canadian citizen, and looking for work in Canada (while still in Denmark). Does anyone know if my BA and MA in English from a Danish university counts for anything, or do I have to take a standardised test to prove my proficiency?

If anyone knows of resources, websites etc. for finding jobs in my field or for someone with my qualifications, preferably in NB, I'd also appreciate it immensely.
You don't need to take a language test assuming you are getting PR through spousal sponsorship.

Do you have PR yet? Employers generally won't talk to you about opportunities until you do.