+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my husband medically inadmissible?

lynnklee

May 9, 2020
Inland application.

We recieved a medical request, which we completed and everything else is good besides his urine test. They asked him to redo it because there's too much protein, which we've adjusted his diet the last few days to help, but he's spotting blood?

He has a history of kidney stones, but otherwise, he's been healthy. Should I be concerned? If he had medical coverage, I'd go see another doctor and I don't want risk his application getting void if he goes back to america to see one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Inland application.

We recieved a medical request, which we completed and everything else is good besides his urine test. They asked him to redo it because there's too much protein, which we've adjusted his diet the last few days to help, but he's spotting blood?

He has a history of kidney stones, but otherwise, he's been healthy. Should I be concerned? If he had medical coverage, I'd go see another doctor and I don't want risk his application getting void if he goes back to america to see one.
Is this a spousal sponsorship application? If so, then he cannot be refused for this reason.

Reactions: lynnklee and YVR123

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Yes, spouse sponsorship.

Thank you!!
Hey I hope your husband is ok. Spouses can only be "denied" on medical grounds if its like a communicable disease, at which point they are deemed inadmissible and often required to be treated in their home country (like with active TB) before they can enter. But spouses cannot be denied on the grounds that their medical costs are exorbitant like with other classes of sponsorship.

Protein is not normally present in urine, the molecules are way too big, it can signal something is wrong with his kidneys. I highly doubt this is a communicable disease, but regardless, I hope he is able to get checked out and is feeling ok. The cost of attending a walk-in clinic in Canada is much cheaper than seeing one in the States, without insurance, speaking from experience as an American. I had a similar issue as your husband and waited too long to have it addressed - the intake at the Canadian hospital chewed me out for waiting so long. and I was never charged a cent. Bad American habit. Good luck and be well!

Reactions: canuck78