+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my academic record from a Bachelor's Degree in Australia sufficient?

MountainLife

Sep 9, 2013
Hi all,

For the english test, I have my academic record from my Bachelor's Degree in Australia and wanted to know if it is sufficient to submit with my citizenship application?

Can I submit a photocopy of my original academic transcript?

Thanks in advance

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Hi all,

For the english test, I have my academic record from my Bachelor's Degree in Australia and wanted to know if it is sufficient to submit with my citizenship application?

Can I submit a photocopy of my original academic transcript?

Thanks in advance
No, its you need to go and sit an IELTS exam. Its a big money making scheme but you have to sit it and if you're from Australia, you'll pass it with no issues. I'm a Pommy and i still had to sit the tests

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

No, its you need to go and sit an IELTS exam. Its a big money making scheme but you have to sit it and if you're from Australia, you'll pass it with no issues. I'm a Pommy and i still had to sit the tests
1. Actually you are wrong, suggestion you read the instructions:http://tinyurl.com/yazvwpkr
2. The OP submits his/her transcripts with a letter from the school that the medium of instruction was in English.

If you are 18 to 54 years old:photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability if you are 18-54 years of age. Examples of what you can provide include the following:
  • results of a third-party language test;
  • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
  • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

MountainLife

Sep 9, 2013
Thanks for your replies.

For further clarification; PMM you mentioned above that I need a letter from my university as well as my academic record? In the red section you highlighted it doesn't specifically say "a letter" ... it just says "diploma, certificate or transcripts"

What's your thoughts on this?

Cheers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanks for your replies.

For further clarification; PMM you mentioned above that I need a letter from my university as well as my academic record? In the red section you highlighted it doesn't specifically say "a letter" ... it just says "diploma, certificate or transcripts"

What's your thoughts on this?

Cheers
1. A letter is best, probably not that important from an English speaking country, but if IRCC can be sticky.

MountainLife

Sep 9, 2013
Hi

1. A letter is best, probably not that important from an English speaking country, but if IRCC can be sticky.
Sorry to push on this subject but is that a fact or just an opinon? The reason I ask is it'll take weeks to get a letter from the university / if it's even a thing they do. I'm ready to send of my application Monday so want to be certain before I go down that road.

Thanks so much

MountainLife

Sep 9, 2013
I found this:

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
    • an official translation of the original document and
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
It only says to get a letter from the school if the original document is in a different language so sounds like the Academic Record will be fine of it's own accord?

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
I found this:

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
    • an official translation of the original document and
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
It only says to get a letter from the school if the original document is in a different language so sounds like the Academic Record will be fine of it's own accord?
I'm Australian, and I simply enclosed regular (i.e., un-notarised) black-&-white photocopies of my two degrees from Australia, attached to my Canadian citizenship application. And I received my AOR, no problem. So you should be fine, too. No worries.

MountainLife

Sep 9, 2013
I'm Australian, and I simply enclosed regular (i.e., un-notarised) black-&-white photocopies of my two degrees from Australia, attached to my Canadian citizenship application. And I received my AOR, no problem. So you should be fine, too. No worries.

Cheers mate, when you say you enclosed copies of your degrees, did you use the certificates or academic record? I don't have my certificate, just the academic record is why I'm asking.

Cheers

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Cheers mate, when you say you enclosed copies of your degrees, did you use the certificates or academic record? I don't have my certificate, just the academic record is why I'm asking.

Cheers
I made photocopies of the actual degrees themselves, not the academic transcripts, but photocopies of your transcripts should also be fine. Don't worry.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
When I applied in 2013, Just gave a photocopy of my diploma from a University in the USA. I had no issues. My wife applied in December and she also gave a photocopy of my diploma from a University in the USA. So far so good and she got her test invite a few weeks ago,

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
I'm Australian, I had a TAFE degree for my chef apprenticeship, I simply sent them my completion certificate and my grade record for the 3 years of schooling (it was what I was given when I received my cert anyway). I'm a couple of days out from my oath and haven't had any issues with that so far. Hope it helps and good luck!