+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is medicals required?

KP29

Dec 31, 2021
I returned to my home country from Canada on April 1 st as my PGWP expired and my extension was refused. I applied under the new extension policy in August where it asked me “have you started outside Canada for more than 6 months ? “ and I answered No since it was only 4 months since my arrival. And I received no request for a medical exam. Now I’ll be entering Canada in October which will be after 6 months of outside stay. Will I considered inadmissible at the immigration check ? Please advise
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Chandra bahadur k c

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I returned to my home country from Canada on April 1 st as my PGWP expired and my extension was refused. I applied under the new extension policy in August where it asked me “have you started outside Canada for more than 6 months ? “ and I answered No since it was only 4 months since my arrival. And I received no request for a medical exam. Now I’ll be entering Canada in October which will be after 6 months of outside stay. Will I considered inadmissible at the immigration check ? Please advise
Thanks in advance
Do you have valid TRV? You can't work once you enter Canada because IRCC is asking for those applying outside Canada to return once approved. So you may get a notice for medical.

1. My post-graduation work permit expired or will expire from September 20, 2021, to October 1, 2022.
    You will need to apply online for a work permit. Applications open on August 2, 2022. If you are in Canada and your temporary status has also expired, you must apply to restore your status at the same time. Under these special measures, you are allowed to restore your status, even if it expired more than 90 days ago.
    You are eligible to apply from abroad if you have left Canada and return after you have been approved.
Note: You may not apply for this work permit at a port of entry. All work permit applications for this public policy must be submitted online by December 31, 2022.

Reactions: KP29