02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Hello,
Me and my fiance are getting married in August and I plan to add her to my existing PR application which is in process. I am assuming that to add her to my existing application, I'd have to provide our proof of marriage. My question is:

In Ontario, it takes about 3 months for a marriage to get registered and then get a marriage certificate. Does CIC accept any other form of marriage proof, like a certified copy of the marriage license that the officiant signs and sends to the registry? Or should I absolutely wait 3 months to get the marriage certificate and then add her name. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

The reason I ask is because my application is very close to getting approved. A 3 month delay in addition to the delay for processing my wife's PR could end up in a significantly long processing time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
Me and my fiance are getting married in August and I plan to add her to my existing PR application which is in process. I am assuming that to add her to my existing application, I'd have to provide our proof of marriage. My question is:

In Ontario, it takes about 3 months for a marriage to get registered and then get a marriage certificate. Does CIC accept any other form of marriage proof, like a certified copy of the marriage license that the officiant signs and sends to the registry? Or should I absolutely wait 3 months to get the marriage certificate and then add her name. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

The reason I ask is because my application is very close to getting approved. A 3 month delay in addition to the delay for processing my wife's PR could end up in a significantly long processing time.
Hi

You must have the actual marriage certificate. You can submit an urgent request for it, though there are no guarantees.