+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is lmia copy required ?

Vs_raj

Apr 5, 2018
Hi Friends,
I got my ITA yesterday.Congrats for all who received. Presently I am in closed work permit. I mentioned this as my current job and got points for that in my profile.
My employer gave offer letter but he is not giving me the lmia copy. Is the lmia copy required for the application.
Raj

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you for your reply. Is lmia number alone enough or the lmia copy required.
Wait for others, but i think LMIA number is enough.

One clarification though, are you claiming 50 points for the job offer? Or you’re asking for LMIA copy as an additional document to your employment reference letter?

Vs_raj

Apr 5, 2018
Wait for others, but i think LMIA number is enough.

One clarification though, are you claiming 50 points for the job offer? Or you’re asking for LMIA copy as an additional document to your employment reference letter?

Vs_raj

Apr 5, 2018
both, I have claimed for my job offer and it is my present job. My employer gave lmia details and offer letter. But he us reluctant to give lmia copy

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
both, I have claimed for my job offer and it is my present job. My employer gave lmia details and offer letter. But he us reluctant to give lmia copy
For the employment reference letter, your work permit should be enough.

Am not sure about the offer letter, if you still need a copy of the LMIA # as it’s already printed in your work permit. The link I shared above didn’t ask for it either. The IRCC officer could always do a quick check on their end to see that you have valid work permit and that’s it tied to an LMIA anyways. Plus your on a closed work permit, you don’t need a new LMIA to support your offer of employment.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

“If the there is an associated Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to the offer of employment, the LMIA number is requested as part of the application.
A scanned copy of the LMIA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.”

Vs_raj

Apr 5, 2018
For the employment reference letter, your work permit should be enough.

Am not sure about the offer letter, if you still need a copy of the LMIA # as it’s already printed in your work permit. The link I shared above didn’t ask for it either. The IRCC officer could always do a quick check on their end to see that you have valid work permit and that’s it tied to an LMIA anyways. Plus your on a closed work permit, you don’t need a new LMIA to support your offer of employment.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

“If the there is an associated Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to the offer of employment, the LMIA number is requested as part of the application.
A scanned copy of the LMIA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.”
Thank you very much for your clarification
Raj