+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is license mandatory to get PR

cdhaka

Nov 13, 2018
Team,

I have recently got ITA for SINP for NOC#4212. I have done masters in MHSc(human development) but having more than 6 yrs experience in working with & for NGOs, social work, child rights, child education.

understand that for the above job code a license is needed. please let me know if the license is mandatory to get PR or only if I am to seek a join in NOC# 4212 related field

Thanks

ShaileshVirda

Dec 11, 2018
Team,

I have recently got ITA for SINP for NOC#4212. I have done masters in MHSc(human development) but having more than 6 yrs experience in working with & for NGOs, social work, child rights, child education.

understand that for the above job code a license is needed. please let me know if the license is mandatory to get PR or only if I am to seek a join in NOC# 4212 related field

Thanks
YES , you need licence from CASW (Canadian Association of Social Workers) for PR.
https://www.casw-acts.ca/en
Go through this link..........

ayoka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June, 2014
Nomination.....
7th October , 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
18th Feb, 2015
Med's Done....
20th Feb , 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19th June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28th August 2015
LANDED..........
8th sept 2015
Hi Folks, I am new to the forum. I urgently need your help. I recently got an invitation to apply from the SINP under NOC 7201 (Construction, supervisor, machining and metal works). I am claiming over one year work experience under this field. the occupation is regulated and I am hereby required to provide SATCC approval letter. I need help on how to go about the process and filling the Form 6A and 7A for the sasktewan apprenticeship and trade certification commission.
Please do we have anyone who has applied for a regulated profession in Saskatchewan, I will appreciate as my deadline for submission is Jan 21 2019. I can be reached on +2348169550515

pemale

Feb 9, 2019
Team,

Thanks
Hello, from this link ( http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=11&val65=4212 ) it states that for NOC 4212, previous work experience in social service may replace formal education requirements and 'Social Service Workers' may be required (note not mandatory) to be a member of a provincial regulatory body. However, in Canada, Saskatchewan is not listed as a province requiring mandatory licensing/registration for 'Social Workers'- which is 'NOC 4152' and this group is specifically stated as excempt from the NOC 4212 category.

Exclusions from NOC 4212:

Employment requirements for 4212
  • Completion of a college or university program in social work, child and youth care, psychology or other social science or health-related discipline is usually required.
  • Previous work experience in a social service environment as a volunteer or in a support capacity may replace formal education requirements for some occupations in this unit group.
  • Social service workers may be required to be a member of a provincial regulatory body in some provinces.

Registration with a provincial governing body is mandatory to practise as a social worker in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta. (http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=11&val65=4212 )
Note that Saskatchewan is not listed in the statement above; please verify in link.

humekhain

Aug 18, 2019
Hello, from this link ( http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=11&val65=4212 ) it states that for NOC 4212, previous work experience in social service may replace formal education requirements and 'Social Service Workers' may be required (note not mandatory) to be a member of a provincial regulatory body. However, in Canada, Saskatchewan is not listed as a province requiring mandatory licensing/registration for 'Social Workers'- which is 'NOC 4152' and this group is specifically stated as excempt from the NOC 4212 category.

Exclusions from NOC 4212:

Employment requirements for 4212
  • Completion of a college or university program in social work, child and youth care, psychology or other social science or health-related discipline is usually required.
  • Previous work experience in a social service environment as a volunteer or in a support capacity may replace formal education requirements for some occupations in this unit group.
  • Social service workers may be required to be a member of a provincial regulatory body in some provinces.

Registration with a provincial governing body is mandatory to practise as a social worker in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta. (http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=11&val65=4212 )
Note that Saskatchewan is not listed in the statement above; please verify in link.

Hi,,

seeking guidance . i have done master in sociology and have 10 years job experience in NGO. can i apply under cond 0423 Managers in social and community services job title area manager family services.

Paula Rahman

Apr 11, 2020
Team,

Thanks
Hi cdhaka
Did you get any update?
Team,

Thanks
Hi cdhaka
I am new in this platform and will apply in the same noc. Did you get your PR finally? I am in ground as you were. I have a social science degree, in economics and have more than 9 years experience in NGO, all in advocacy and social mobilization. Did you get any exemption in assessment from regulatory body? Please enlighten me.