+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is late High school admission possible? Need help!??

Nayabnoor

Sep 8, 2019
hello , i am nayab and i am 18 years old i am a permanent resident in Canada and i live in Calgary i visted Canada in june till july i wanted to do high school there and then get admission in a good university but due to some personal reasons i had to go back to Pakistan and i am coming back in December so i wanted to ask if i am back in January can i still get in 12th grade , is it possible and how will it effect my university application? Please help i am very conflicted i am doing my Alevels right now so I wanna be sure if i can leave my alevels and start my education journey in Canada. Please help me

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Hi Nayabnoor I am from Ontario so there may be some minor differences in relation to Calgary as far as practices are concerned. In my experience I have seen high school students accepted as late as Nov./01.; again in a specific city in Ontario. If you come back I would expect you would go into Adult Education. I can't see how this would impact a University decision. I think your fine with it; just get those really high marks. The people to ask about this is your local Board of Education. Ask for a Guidance appointment.

Reactions: Nayabnoor

Nayabnoor

Sep 8, 2019
Thank you so much I’ll try to get in contact with a person for guidance but as in university i meant will i be late for my applications . Like i have heard that school will just a semester so what i am concerned about was that will I graduate late and and be late for university admissions
Hi Nayabnoor I am from Ontario so there may be some minor differences in relation to Calgary as far as practices are concerned. In my experience I have seen high school students accepted as late as Nov./01.; again in a specific city in Ontario. If you come back I would expect you would go into Adult Education. I can't see how this would impact a University decision. I think your fine with it; just get those really high marks. The people to ask about this is your local Board of Education. Ask for a Guidance appointment.
o

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
if you are currently able to study in Pakistan what is stopping you from returns no now and starting grade 12?

Nayabnoor

Sep 8, 2019
If you are currently studying secondary school in Pakistan why could you not return now to attend grade 12 if you are a PR?
Well actually as i said there is a personal issue that is in Pakistan and I think my family need my support rn and so yeah i wish I could come take the next flight possible also but my family need me here rn so yeah

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well actually as i said there is a personal issue that is in Pakistan and I think my family need my support rn and so yeah i wish I could come take the next flight possible also but my family need me here rn so yeah
If you decide to remain in Pakistan then return to Canada in January you could be delayed in your university. As long as you meet your residency obligation why are you doing half of school in Pakistan then want to return to Canada. You are better off choosing one or the other.

Nayabnoor

Sep 8, 2019
If you decide to remain in Pakistan then return to Canada in January you could be delayed in your university. As long as you meet your residency obligation why are you doing half of school in Pakistan then want to return to Canada. You are better off choosing one or the other.
Oh i was wondering it will make my university application late . Oh well . You see i am really confused I don’t what decision to make I really wanna studying in Canada and the exposure but Also thinking that leaving my education in middle

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh i was wondering it will make my university application late . Oh well . You see i am really confused I don’t what decision to make I really wanna studying in Canada and the exposure but Also thinking that leaving my education in middle
Makes no sense not to finish your education in Pakistan. You will add time to your education since you won’t be able to graduate in half a year if you come to Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Pseronal view but most important thing here is to continue to meet your Canadian residency obligation, and being out of the country for personal reasons often leads to unintended plan changes as a result.

If you have the RO covered then second at any cost complete your high school education. Once you have completed high school successfully then start thinking about university , it does not really matter that much if you have to delay Uni a year say 2020-2021 but will matter if you mess up the high school graduation.

Reactions: Nayabnoor