+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Landing Paper required for oath

Gebrial

Aug 15, 2018
I was told the landing paper is no longer required for Canadian citizenship at oath ceremony.

Did anybody get their citizenship without being asked about landing paper at the ceremony?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
When you come to your citizenship ceremony, you must bring with you:
 this notice;
 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it;
(e.g. driver's license, health card);
Note: minors are not required to show identification with a signature.
 All of the original documents that you submitted with your citizenship application – Immigration
Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688);
 Permanent Resident Card (if you have a landing document and a Permanent Resident Card, you
must bring both of them);
 All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired);
 (optional) a holy book, of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship;
It is required. It is also required when you get your cpp or other pensions

Gebrial

Aug 15, 2018
When you come to your citizenship ceremony, you must bring with you:
 this notice;
 2 pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it;
(e.g. driver's license, health card);
Note: minors are not required to show identification with a signature.
 All of the original documents that you submitted with your citizenship application – Immigration
Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688);
 Permanent Resident Card (if you have a landing document and a Permanent Resident Card, you
must bring both of them);
 All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired);
 (optional) a holy book, of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship;
It is required. It is also required when you get your cpp or other pensions

I have already done the test. the officer who interviewed me didn’t ask me to show landing paper because I only applied with PR no LP. So will they still ask me to show Landing paper at ceremony?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I have already done the test. the officer who interviewed me didn’t ask me to show landing paper because I only applied with PR no LP. So will they still ask me to show Landing paper at ceremony?
I believe they do not ask for landing paper in interview but they do in ceremony

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
they do ask in ceremony

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
They only asked for PR cards in my case at the Oath ceremony. However I carried the list of docs mentioned in the invitation.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
No COPR on oath day, only PR card. You will have to hand it in, since you will become Canadian that day.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Same for me, they did not ask for CoPR at the ceremony.
However, bring what are required on the list, it is there for a reason.
You came a long way to finally at the ceremony, do not let thing like this cause further delays.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
whether they ask or not depends on the officer who is interviewing you. But Above I posted the letter which I got for oath ceremony which is common for all applicants, It says
must bring both of them); As a rule you should take landing document if you have one and all landed immigrants has one. (I'm not sure if refugees or students who became PR's has one or not)

canvan14

May 8, 2014
whether they ask or not depends on the officer who is interviewing you. But Above I posted the letter which I got for oath ceremony which is common for all applicants, It says
must bring both of them); As a rule you should take landing document if you have one and all landed immigrants has one. (I'm not sure if refugees or students who became PR's has one or not)
Everyone who landed should have landing paper or CoPR. I can confirm that as a student who became PR.