+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is job offer from Quebec valid for points in CIC

amitkaushik

May 27, 2017
Hello All,

I came to Canada(Quebec) 10months back and now was thinking to apply for PR under CIC express entry. Since I have a permanent job here and I am on work permit so I believe I should get points for the valid job offer. But, I saw few posts which says Quebec job offer is not accepted under CIC point system as Quebec has its own PR entry stream. Please share your knowledge on this subject.

Thanks in advance !

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well my question to you would be the following, by claiming that you will be working for that employer for a year after receiving PR (valid offer) how can you at the same time say that you intent to reside outside of Quebec (to be eligible for EE).

Since you're living and working in Quebec once you apply for EE you will get a request to write a letter of intent once your application is being processed, if your letter as well as proof that you intent to reside outside of Quebec does not convince the officer then your application will get rejected.

Reactions: amitkaushik

amitkaushik

May 27, 2017
Well my question to you would be the following, by claiming that you will be working for that employer for a year after receiving PR (valid offer) how can you at the same time say that you intent to reside outside of Quebec (to be eligible for EE).

Since you're living and working in Quebec once you apply for EE you will get a request to write a letter of intent once your application is being processed, if your letter as well as proof that you intent to reside outside of Quebec does not convince the officer then your application will get rejected.

Thanks a lot for the reply..

I got your point but does this also mean that I can not use my Canadian work experience for EE as I will be completing 1 year in next 2 months..
If it can be used to gain some extra points then, how is experience calculated?.. I am asking this as to know if I need to wait for another 2 months to submit my application or I can submit as I am sure that 1 year will definitely complete by the time I will be required to submit all the documents after letter of Invitation?

amitkaushik

May 27, 2017
No, you can certainly claim Canadian work experience obtained in Quebec.
so should I wait for 2 months for the completion of 1 year or I can go ahead and submit my profile using points for 1year experience in Canada right away. I am not sure how the experience is calculated ? is it the experience gathered till the date the application is submitted in EE pool or the time when documents are submitted for verification after receiving letter of Invitation.

Kindly guide me through!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If that's all the work experience that you have then you have to wait until you complete a year of full-time work experience.

Otherwise your profile will be deemed ineligible.

tewaris2

Nov 2, 2021
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
21-10-2022
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2021
Hello All,

I came to Canada(Quebec) 10months back and now was thinking to apply for PR under CIC express entry. Since I have a permanent job here and I am on work permit so I believe I should get points for the valid job offer. But, I saw few posts which says Quebec job offer is not accepted under CIC point system as Quebec has its own PR entry stream. Please share your knowledge on this subject.

Thanks in advance !
Did you get an answer?