+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it worth to try applying for Study permit for Jan intake now? please

RainbowSnow

Nov 21, 2015
I'm new to this forum and hope someone would be able to answer my questions regarding my sister's study in Canada. Please excuse me for the long post..
I live in Ontario and my sister lives in India. My sister is planning to start her course on Jan 10 intake, but so far she didn't apply for Study permit due the following
reasons. Is it too late to apply next week if she get all the documents ready?

1) My sister has a overall IELTS score of 6.5 and I'm working on getting her Letter of Acceptance at a college here in Ontario. The college officials indicated that they'll
issue her Letter of Acceptance on 11/23. I'm going to pay the First Semester Tuition fees as well to the college account that day using my Credit card. The college has
no issues using my credit card account. But will that be a problem with my Sister's study permit application since I paid for her, instead of her?

2) The Police clearance have been obtained for her. She has got an appointment for her Medicals on 11/25. The Medical doctor office indicated that my sister have to
bring her Letter of Acceptance as well. Does the Medical doctors office send the medical documents to my Sister, OR do they send it to the Immigration office in
India?Do they usually give it on the same day?

3) I'm seeing in this forum, that my Sister has to open a Scotia Bank GIC account and my sister does not have one as of yet. Is this account mandatory when the
immigration officer reviews her application. She has her own bank account in India with more than $11000 as of now for her studies and my Dad is planning to
transfer more money when her study progresses. As I mentioned earlier, I'll be paying for the first semester tuition fee. Also, Can she show my dads properties for
proof of fund etc.

4)She will be staying at my home during her studies and I'm planning to take care of her living expenses. Should I write a letter telling this to the immigration officer
on her application.

5)Due to the time crunch, she will be applying Online application. Or Is Paper application faster. She lives in Kerala India. So for Paper application, does she have to
apply in Bangalore?

Your feedback will be highly appreciated!! Thanks again!!

Imrankhan2093

Sep 18, 2015
1.no problem whether u pay or she herself pays for it.
2.medical docs are sent directly to cic.you dont get anything.
3.its mandatory to open GIC account in SPP category and I guess she is applying for the first time.if u haven't got one then I don't think she can apply for Jan intake.
4.dont do such because that shows ur sister is gonna stay like you in Canada and this will result in denial.
5.online is faster,since she hasn't got a GIC account u cant get it in this short time.

If you get this answer helpful kindly pray for me so that I get my visa this time.

RainbowSnow

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks Imran for your great feedback! I'd pray for your timely Visa approval :)

Apart from Scotia Bank, we can also use ICICI bank to create a GIC account. By calling them, they've indicated that It'd take a week timeline to open a GIC account and providing Investment Balance confirmation for Study Permit purposes(by depositing 10200 dollars).

If we get that within weeks time, then we are planning to go ahead with application.

Thanks again, Imran!!

sudan.r

May 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually,,, u can apply as most of the things are ready in your case ,, but thing is GIC is very important and u must get it......so u can try for GIC but it's very rare chance u get it on time ....u have to file before 5 Dec....so , i will advice u to go for May intake......so that u can keep ur papers ready and file in February.....it is more easy and convenient for u....as i am also like same case as ur sis is...i am also now planning for may intake...

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

RainbowSnow said:
I'm new to this forum and hope someone would be able to answer my questions regarding my sister's study in Canada. Please excuse me for the long post..
I live in Ontario and my sister lives in India. My sister is planning to start her course on Jan 10 intake, but so far she didn't apply for Study permit due the following
reasons. Is it too late to apply next week if she get all the documents ready?

1) My sister has a overall IELTS score of 6.5 and I'm working on getting her Letter of Acceptance at a college here in Ontario. The college officials indicated that they'll
issue her Letter of Acceptance on 11/23. I'm going to pay the First Semester Tuition fees as well to the college account that day using my Credit card. The college has
no issues using my credit card account. But will that be a problem with my Sister's study permit application since I paid for her, instead of her?

2) The Police clearance have been obtained for her. She has got an appointment for her Medicals on 11/25. The Medical doctor office indicated that my sister have to
bring her Letter of Acceptance as well. Does the Medical doctors office send the medical documents to my Sister, OR do they send it to the Immigration office in
India?Do they usually give it on the same day?

3) I'm seeing in this forum, that my Sister has to open a Scotia Bank GIC account and my sister does not have one as of yet. Is this account mandatory when the
immigration officer reviews her application. She has her own bank account in India with more than $11000 as of now for her studies and my Dad is planning to
transfer more money when her study progresses. As I mentioned earlier, I'll be paying for the first semester tuition fee. Also, Can she show my dads properties for
proof of fund etc.

4)She will be staying at my home during her studies and I'm planning to take care of her living expenses. Should I write a letter telling this to the immigration officer
on her application.

5)Due to the time crunch, she will be applying Online application. Or Is Paper application faster. She lives in Kerala India. So for Paper application, does she have to
apply in Bangalore?

Your feedback will be highly appreciated!! Thanks again!!

1. Doesn't matter even if you pay the whole fees upfront. You must need a certified loan (India).
2. You do not need any police certificate. MO won't give you any result in hand.
3. GIC is must for some categories, if not then loan is a must.
4. Doesn't matter. You must be able to show CAD 10,000 (in addition to educational loan).
5. Not much difference. Better to apply through VFS.

RainbowSnow

Nov 21, 2015
J5M said:
Hi,

1. Doesn't matter even if you pay the whole fees upfront. You must need a certified loan (India).
2. You do not need any police certificate. MO won't give you any result in hand.
3. GIC is must for some categories, if not then loan is a must.
4. Doesn't matter. You must be able to show CAD 10,000 (in addition to educational loan).
5. Not much difference. Better to apply through VFS.
Thanks J5M for your great feedback!! We are going to explore the VFS option tomorrow. Thanks again!!

sudan.r

May 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually,,, officially it takes 21 days for visa process .... So technically,, u have to submit till 5 of December as there will holidays from 24 of December till first week of January.... So , if classes start from January they will reject ur visa or ask for explanation about start of classes.....so , it is upto u ,, u wana go with risk or submit till 5 December.....

RainbowSnow

Nov 21, 2015
Thanks for your all responses so far, Friends! Your suggestions immensely helped. My sister went for GIC account via ICICI and turn around time was less than a week to get GIC confirmation letter after funds processed.

Now I have a question while filling out the application, IMM1294 for spp, in section 4, The cost of the tuition section.. Should the total cost for the entire 2 year program has to be input, or just the 1st year fees have to be input? Please advise!!

RainbowSnow

Nov 21, 2015
My sister finally got her approval email today and VFS says passport dispatched. Thanks Imran, J5M and Sudan.R for your motivation.

sudan.r

May 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RainbowSnow said:
My sister finally got her approval email today and VFS says passport dispatched. Thanks Imran, J5M and Sudan.R for your motivation.
Congrats brother......and good luck to your sister.