2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
PGP2019 applicant here.
All criteria has been passed (have checked ATIP and checked with MP office) and have been waiting for DM since March 2021.

PA medical expires March 2022, dependent has been extended and will expire again July 2022. No movement so far.

Parents are in their 80s, not much time left them. Can't wait for this forever DM anymore

As a resolution, I'm thinking apply for them a visitor visa (can't afford supervisa insurance) , bring them over (COVID restrictions make this part real hard too) and hope they stay healthy (no medical costs) and get DM within the 6 month visiting period, as in-canada applicant.

If DM is not happening within 6 month, can I apply for visitor visa extension to have them stay longer?

How realistic is this? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PGP2019 applicant here.
All criteria has been passed (have checked ATIP and checked with MP office) and have been waiting for DM since March 2021.

PA medical expires March 2022, dependent has been extended and will expire again July 2022. No movement so far.

Parents are in their 80s, not much time left them. Can't wait for this forever DM anymore

As a resolution, I'm thinking apply for them a visitor visa (can't afford supervisa insurance) , bring them over (COVID restrictions make this part real hard too) and hope they stay healthy (no medical costs) and get DM within the 6 month visiting period, as in-canada applicant.

If DM is not happening within 6 month, can I apply for visitor visa extension to have them stay longer?

How realistic is this? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
You can certainly apply for a TRV and do as you've outlined above.

The one place where I would caution you is on bringing them over on a TRV without travel insurance. Even if they are on a TRV, you should be taking out comprensive travel insurance with relatively high levels of coverage (this is to protect you and then). If they end up in hospital while they are here as visitors, the costs for their treatment can skyrocket extremely quickly to tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands. We just had someone in another part of the forum end up in this situation and they are extremely worried how they are going to pay the hospital bill. That's the one caution I would have with your plan. But it's of course really up to you and if you're willing to take this risk to your personal finances.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yeap. If you cannot even afford insurnace, how can you afford the bills if they need any medical treatment out of pocket while they stay as visitors in Canada.

Re-consider your plan if that's the reason to apply for TRV instead of supervisa.

Reactions: scylla

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
You can certainly apply for a TRV and do as you've outlined above.

The one place where I would caution you is on bringing them over on a TRV without travel insurance. Even if they are on a TRV, you should be taking out comprensive travel insurance with relatively high levels of coverage (this is to protect you and then). If they end up in hospital while they are here as visitors, the costs for their treatment can skyrocket extremely quickly to tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands. We just had someone in another part of the forum end up in this situation and they are extremely worried how they are going to pay the hospital bill. That's the one caution I would have with your plan. But it's of course really up to you and if you're willing to take this risk to your personal finances.
Thanks for the apply.
You just remind me that I could possibly buy travel insurance for 6 months to keep the costs low.

I just don't want to pay them all by myself while my parents have other kids who don't want to contribute at all.... sorry none of it matters, probably just need to vent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the apply.
You just remind me that I could possibly buy travel insurance for 6 months to keep the costs low.

I just don't want to pay them all by myself while my parents have other kids who don't want to contribute at all.... sorry none of it matters, probably just need to vent.
Yeah, I get it. It feels unfair. But think of it as protecting your own finances. Because that's what would get hit if either of your parents had a big medical incident without insurance (or without sufficient insurance). You're really protecting yourself from a worst case scenario that could impact you for years.

Of course ultimately your call.

Reactions: rang_canada

alidonkaka6

Dec 22, 2021
Hello

If you can't afford insurance, how will you be able to handle the expenses if they require out-of-pocket medical treatment while visiting Canada?

THANK YOU SO MUCH