+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it worth applying for visitor visa during this COVID19 Pandemic

Akhan12

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Hey guys

My wife is pregnant and her due date is in August. I was going to apply for visitor's visa for her elder brother and sister in law to come over and help with the new born

The documents I collected are

1) Doctor note mentioning their names and specifying the need for help
2) My bank statement with $10k for their financial support as I'm sponsoring them
3) My PR card copy
4) My sponsor letter
5) My pay slips
6) Their insurance documents from India
7) Their passports

Do I need anything else?

Also is it worth applying during this time? or will I be wasting money?

Please help

Reactions: Legend6892

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys

My wife is pregnant and her due date is in August. I was going to apply for visitor's visa for her elder brother and sister in law to come over and help with the new born

The documents I collected are

1) Doctor note mentioning their names and specifying the need for help
2) My bank statement with $10k for their financial support as I'm sponsoring them
3) My PR card copy
4) My sponsor letter
5) My pay slips
6) Their insurance documents from India
7) Their passports

Do I need anything else?

Also is it worth applying during this time? or will I be wasting money?

Please help
They need to demonstrate ties to their home country. You are missing that information and it's very important this be included.. They need to show proof of employment and proof of property ownership. They must also show their own bank account balance. IRCC wants to see that the individuals traveling have funds even if someone in Canada is covering most of their expenses. If they have past travel to countries requiring visas (e.g. US, UK), they shoudl include that as well.

Also note that you should not say there are coming here to "help". If they are coming here to help, IRCC may see that as working illegally. They are here to visit only.

IRCC is still processing TRV applications - however expect slower processing times. Also, there's a travel ban currently in place until the end of June that prevents them from traveling at least until then.