+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it wise to include an invitation letter to my sisters visitor visa ?

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
So my sister have been to Canada multiple times she studied 5+ years here and left about 3 years ago she’s planning to come for a visit and asking me for an invitation letter I don’t know if that will help her or it could lead to refusal of her application I’m still not PR yet also she doesn’t know about my status here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So my sister have been to Canada multiple times she studied 5+ years here and left about 3 years ago she’s planning to come for a visit and asking me for an invitation letter I don’t know if that will help her or it could lead to refusal of her application I’m still not PR yet also she doesn’t know about my status here.
If you don‘t have PR yet in Canada an invitation letter an invitation letter has minimal impact although you can include one. Your status could impact her chances of approval because you claimed asylum although it is somewhat dependent on your reasons for claiming asylum. Being a family member of an LGBTQIA+ member could still lead to harassment. She will have to include your name as a family member on her application just like you had to provide her name as your family member so IRCC will know her sibling applied for asylum. If she studied in Canada she must be somewhat aware of immigration laws and wonder how you are able to stay in Canada.