+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it very normal or rare to exceed 6 months of time consumption on EE application?

HocheolSeo

Apr 24, 2018
Hello all,

My AOR is on November 19th, 2019.

My latest GCMS note was received this morning, and the current status is:

Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

Since according to my little research, Eligibility is not complete until it turns to Passed, and Security won't even be initiated until Eligibility is stamped as Passed,
I kinda lost the hope that my application will be complete and get PPR mail within their 6 months of Express Entry commitment timeline.
My progression bar only has 28 days left, and I don't know if I'm presuming too much, but I don't think my final Eligibility review and Security screening can be completed within 28 days, especially at this time of moment of pandemics.
Anyone having same experiences to share or willing to give a piece of advice will be appreciated ;(

My application is PNP EE inland.

lilyco

Feb 7, 2018
The "6 months" timeline means that "they process most cases in 6 months or less".
That also means lots of cases, but not most, are processed in more than 6 months.
And now with Covid 19, everything that's not finished will take more time than initially expected.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,

My AOR is on November 19th, 2019.

My latest GCMS note was received this morning, and the current status is:

Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

Since according to my little research, Eligibility is not complete until it turns to Passed, and Security won't even be initiated until Eligibility is stamped as Passed,
I kinda lost the hope that my application will be complete and get PPR mail within their 6 months of Express Entry commitment timeline.
My progression bar only has 28 days left, and I don't know if I'm presuming too much, but I don't think my final Eligibility review and Security screening can be completed within 28 days, especially at this time of moment of pandemics.
Anyone having same experiences to share or willing to give a piece of advice will be appreciated ;(

My application is PNP EE inland.
Many apps go over 6 months and with COVID-19, it is likely that all apps currently in process and those submitted later this year will go beyond 6 months.