+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it true you can't just move to Quebec?

karbomike

Nov 9, 2021
the number for foreigners for the skilled worker program Quebec has their own so you to do it through them and not through the federal government. So is there something like that for actual Canadian citizens to? I imagine they don't want a bunch of English-speaking people influx into their territory shifting the demographics

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
the number for foreigners for the skilled worker program Quebec has their own so you to do it through them and not through the federal government. So is there something like that for actual Canadian citizens to? I imagine they don't want a bunch of English-speaking people influx into their territory shifting the demographics
Your question isn't clear.

Once someone is a permanent resident, they can live wherever they want to in Canada, including Quebec. Canadian citizens can obviously also live wherever they want to.

Lots of English speaking people live and work in Quebec.

Aeternus

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
1. Quebec determine and choose Economic Immigrant on its own. They set their own target and method, hence why people need CSQ to immigrate to Canada when they are in Quebec. This is also why you cannot apply for federal immigration programs (EE for example) when you are in Quebec.
2. Any temporary worker and foreign student admitted to Quebec, needs the Quebec government's consent. This is why you need CAQ before applying Student Permit or Work permit, though usually, it's not a problem, just extra paperwork.
3. As for permanent residents and citizens, they can live wherever they want in Canada, including Quebec. Quebec government cannot control that per se. However, there are numerous policies in order to entrench French to Quebec society.

Reactions: DAS_1

karbomike

Nov 9, 2021
the number for foreigners for the skilled worker program Quebec has their own so you to do it through them and not through the federal government. So is there something like that for actual Canadian citizens to? I imagine they don't want a 192.168.0.1 bunch of English-speaking people influx into their territory shifting the demographics
issue got solved

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Wrong statement ¨they don't want a bunch of English-speaking¨ They want people who speak French and of course other language like English, etc.
Most of Quebecer speak more than 2 languages

karbomike

Nov 9, 2021
the number for foreigners for the skilled worker program Quebec has their own so you to do it through them and not through the federal government. So is there something like that for actual Canadian citizens VidMate to? I imagine they don't want a bunch of English-speaking people influx into their territory shifting the demographics
issue got solved!!