+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it too late to apply?

americanadian

Mar 3, 2011
I am going to send my application to Buffalo, NY, USA office. I am planning on going to university in Canada in September. The processing times online said 4 weeks for Buffalo but I'm not sure if that's accurate because New York was 44 weeks. I just want to know if mid March is too late to send the study permit application. I would like to send it March 19 at the latest, so should it be okay by the time I go to university?

Dean-

Mar 4, 2011
New zealand
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is that real?? I mean take 44weeks

because sydney office changed their processing time on web

it was 3-4weeks before

now 44 weeks!!what's going on..........

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi americanadian,

I am applying for study permit in New York...They have corrected the processing time to 4 weeks. Did you send in you application to New York or Buffalo? Can you please share your time line?

Regards.

americanadian

Mar 3, 2011
chd2canada said:
Hi americanadian,

I am applying for study permit in New York...They have corrected the processing time to 4 weeks. Did you send in you application to New York or Buffalo? Can you please share your time line?

Regards.
I actually ended up sending it to the Embassy in Washington DC. At the time, NY said 44 weeks and Buffalo said 7 weeks, while DC was 4 weeks. They got back to me within ONE week. I sent the package out in the mail on a Saturday, and the package got to DC on that Monday, the letter I got back said they had approved it on Wednesday, and I got it in the mail on the following Saturday.

I suggest DC, since it is the Embassy and not a consulate, they work very quickly.

Good luck!

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
americanadian,

Thanks for the reply and Congrats on getting the visa!

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions, since you are one of the rare people on this forum who applied for the study permit in US :)

Did you submit any police/FBI certificate or medical certificate?

Other than the documents listed on the checklist, did you submit anything extra? I am on H1 visa here so I plan on submitting copy of my H1 visa, current employment letter and I-797 letter.

Did you mail in your passport with the application? (I guessing you did since you got everything back in a week :) )

I would really appreciate your reply.

Regards.