+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it too early to order GCMS Notes?

honeyarya

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont understand this legal falcon,

i had already done medicals 2 months back and submitted along with my e Apr.

got aor on same day, and then sch 4 request after 2 days, then BG changed to not needed at this time.

You mentioned when finalized, i didn't get you.

shall i do a CSE of my medical letter which i got which i got duringmy upfront medicals.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
honeyarya said:

got aor on same day, and then sch 4 request after 2 days, then BG changed to not needed at this time.

shall i do a CSE of my medical letter which i got which i got duringmy upfront medicals.
When I say finalized, I mean by the doctor who did the upfront medical for you and uploaded it. Make sure that your doctor has actually finalized the medical report and sent it to CIC electronically. Also, ask him for a copy of the report. It is your right to get a copy of the report from your doc. By seeing the report you will be able to know if there is anything off which might make you inadmissible on medical grounds.

Since you have received the Schedule A request, your application has started processing. The BGC does go to not needed and will stay like like this until it actually starts, which is after the eligibility and criminality for the FSW. For the PNP It goes in progress much faster.

The document you received from your doc, only has a code and a number to identify the file when the doctor uploads it on the CIC system. Ask your doctor for the copy of the file he uploaded and make sure that everything is normal.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
JoacRy, I agree with legalfalcon. I say wait a month or more. I Best wishes.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
honeyarya said:

Hello,

Actually I'm May 26 AOR and my meds done on 26th Apr. I had additional medical request from CIC, and that was sent to ky previous adress by mail. Somehow my previous landlord contacted me through email so I got to know about it. So you shud definitely raise a CSE to know the status of your medicals and ask them is there any additonal documents request sent to you by mail or not.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
legalfalcon said:
When I say finalized, I mean by the doctor who did the upfront medical for you and uploaded it. Make sure that your doctor has actually finalized the medical report and sent it to CIC electronically. Also, ask him for a copy of the report. It is your right to get a copy of the report from your doc. By seeing the report you will be able to know if there is anything off which might make you inadmissible on medical grounds.

Since you have received the Schedule A request, your application has started processing. The BGC does go to not needed and will stay like like this until it actually starts, which is after the eligibility and criminality for the FSW. For the PNP It goes in progress much faster.

The document you received from your doc, only has a code and a number to identify the file when the doctor uploads it on the CIC system. Ask your doctor for the copy of the file he uploaded and make sure that everything is normal.
Hello Legal falcon,

I'm a May 26 AOR, got request to submit schedule 4 on 15th june, BGC check went to in progress, again to not neeeded at this time on 25th june. As I have emailed you earlier about my doubts on NOC job title and duties, Should I order GCMS notes now? upto how many time we can order it?

Thanks in avance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
RockCan said:
Hello Legal falcon,

I'm a May 26 AOR, got request to submit schedule 4 on 15th june, BGC check went to in progress, again to not neeeded at this time on 25th june. As I have emailed you earlier about my doubts on NOC job title and duties, Should I order GCMS notes now? upto how many time we can order it?

Thanks in avance
When you order the notes, you get them after 30-45 days, while they are generated within a few days after your request them. There is no limit on how many you can order. In your case I would suggest that you order the gcms after 2 weeks. By then your eligibility should have started or been passed and will give you a good snapshot of what is happening with your applications.

If you are overly concerned with your NOC, there is no harm in requesting one set now, and one again next month.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Hello Legalfalcon

I would like to request your understanding about my file.

I am Feb 10, 2016 AOR , so far I have had ordered one GCMS which is on July 04, 2016 ( approx 5 months since AOR ) I haven't heard or observed any status change in my cic so far. I am bit worried because I am almost there to 6 months waiting and haven't paid RPRF. I don't think I will be requested for RPRF and my PPR will be finalised in this one month. Since I reached 5 months of waiting do you think my R10 and 11.2 is met? Where you think my file is currently at?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
IMGNSPNP said:
Hello Legalfalcon

I am Feb 10, 2016 AOR , so far I have had ordered one GCMS which is on July 04, 2016 ( approx 5 months since AOR ) I haven't heard or observed any status change in my cic so far. I am bit worried because I am almost there to 6 months waiting and haven't paid RPRF. I don't think I will be requested for RPRF and my PPR will be finalised in this one month. Since I reached 5 months of waiting do you think my R10 and 11.2 is met? Where you think my file is currently at?
It's difficult to predict the status of a file without looking at the GCMS notes. However, given the fact that your AoR date is Feb 10, I am sure that your R10 is complete. As regards the A11.2, I cannot conclusively say without looking at your notes. Most likely it should have, but that would be a mere speculation. When you get your notes, feel free to contact me and I can have a look.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
IMGNSPNP said:
Hello Legalfalcon

don't worry, I am Jan 21 AOR and still haven't got RPRF, though BG has changed in progress. From what I have seen on this forum, I assume it is possible to get this request directly prior to PPR if not at the same time.

wolter88

Apr 27, 2015
legalfalcon said:
When you order the notes, you get them after 30-45 days, while they are generated within a few days after your request them. There is no limit on how many you can order. In your case I would suggest that you order the gcms after 2 weeks. By then your eligibility should have started or been passed and will give you a good snapshot of what is happening with your applications.

If you are overly concerned with your NOC, there is no harm in requesting one set now, and one again next month.
If the notes are generated within a couple days after request. Then why does it take 30-45 days to get them?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wolter88 said:
If the notes are generated within a couple days after request. Then why does it take 30-45 days to get them?
Exactly. This is a great question. If you see something in the notes where they required something 45 days ago, you may likely be rejected before even having the opportunity to submit that information.

The whole system needs to be reformed as neither GCMS Notes nor the online application status are a true reflection of real time information.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
wolter88 said:
There is a process of how the requests under access to information are processed. When the request is sent, the notes are generated, however it takes 30-45 days for an agent to review them before they are released. There is a huge backlog which causes delays. Some requests are processed much faster, but that is the exception and not the norm.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
legalfalcon said:
I differ. R10 is the first stringent test to cover. If your application is incomplete, your application will be rejected before your get your notes. What is important is to if there are any issues with your eligibility. Here is an analysis I did, hope it helps you in understanding how an application is processed.

• As per the trends, your eligibility is cleared within the first 5 months and then what is left is the security and criminality. This is for the FSW (outland). For the inland applicants, the process is different, their BGC goes in progress within a few days after they receive the AoR. So its is difficult to predict if it is just a technical issue, or the BGC is initiated sooner in the application.

The anatomy of an standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicants age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here.

7. At the R10 review if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually by this stage the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a re-assesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
    a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
    b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send you application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.

Now, this is NO way is a generalization of the process. Some applications are processed much faster, some are slow. This is what I could gather from my GCMS notes, my experience with dealing with the immigration authorities in US on behalf of my clients and my personal application which is still in progress.

This is only for information to provide a picture about the process, but CIC has never disclosed their processing procedure. However, looking into some immigration cases, and the information through the GCMS notes available on the forum, this is the best generalization I could come up with. Albeit, for some applicants the criminality is done before the eligibility is checked, for other after. So please don't debate as to how one case you saw was different from what I have stated.

This is just an overview. If you do not find it appealing, just ignore it. If it was up to me, I would process all applications much faster.

But, this is a long wait and probably the most important decision you will make in your life. Be optimistic, helpful and supportive of others. This forum is an excellent resource for many, so even when you receive your PPR, please hang on for a few more months and update your timelines and answer any questions other applicants may have. Don't be a parasite.
sir,

I find it very useful, in the above points, if R10 is completeness and A11.2 is eligibility.....then which of them is done in CIO and which is done in LVO......as i have seen for many applicants in GCMS that R10 and A11.2 are MET along with criminality/medicals/POF also MET in CIO and file is transferred to LVO....then what happens at LVO?....!!!

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
legalfalcon said:

Thanks legalfalcon,

BTW i got settlement plan request for CIC this morning, as I'm an OINP applicant and living in Alberta. So I assume at lease my eligibility should have passed by now. Any comments??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
RockCan said:
Thanks legalfalcon,

BTW i got settlement plan request for CIC this morning, as I'm an OINP applicant and living in Alberta. So I assume at lease my eligibility should have passed by now. Any comments??
Order the GCMS notes. That is the only sure shot way to know. Everything else, just speculation. I hope your eligibility should have been cleared by now, but every file is different.