+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it safe to give credit card information to pay FSW processing fees

rajakumarjk

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
CIC gives an option of paying the processing fee by credit card.
They ask for credit card no, person name, CVV number and expiry date in the fee payment form. Sharing CVV number and expiry date are risk even bank does not recommend to share these information to other.
Is it safe to share above credit card information with CIC on the fee payment form?
Kindly reply

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Why don't you use the other payment options?

rajakumarjk

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Dear SenoritaBella,
I can go for demand draft option. I am from Chennai and banks in Chennai gives demand draft validity only for 3 months. But CIC wants 5 months valid demand draft.
I think certified cheque also valid for 3 months only. I did not know about where to take money order in Canadian dollar in Chennai.
Do you know the bank which offers demand draft with more than 5 months validity in Chennai or in India?

Thanks,
Rajakumar

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Hey rajakumarjk,

I'm not from India so cannot guide you on this.

However, many times I've seen DD topic discussed by Indians. If you use search on this forum you'll be rewarded by many threads which you may find usefull. Hopefully you'll find an answer to your question.

librarian79

Nov 29, 2013
rajakumarjk said:
They ask for credit card no, person name, CVV number and expiry date in the fee payment form. Sharing CVV number and expiry date are risk even bank does not recommend to share these information to other.
Is it safe to share above credit card information with CIC on the fee payment form?
Kindly reply
yes it is safe, i know many candidates who used this mode of payment including me and faced no problem.

asim-b

Sep 16, 2014
i have used credit card for my application. it should be safe. it would be a big breach of trust. don't think they will mis-use it.

octopus8

Oct 29, 2014
Does Any body know what name appears on the Credit Card statement when CIC charges the credit card?
Like the "Merchant" Name?

I want to notify my bank to avoid a credit card decline.
Thanks!

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
rajakumarjk said:
Kindly reply
They would not offer it if it was not safe...