+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it safe to book flight tickets without having COPR in hand?

FilCanCouple

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
I received a latest update from MyCIC that my application was approved. What does counterfoil mean?

Still waiting for my passport to be returned from the VFS Global. How long does it take to get the PP back? Thank you for your answers.

Best regards

Last edited:

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I received a latest update from MyCIC that my application was approved. What does counterfoil mean?

Still waiting for my passport to be returned from the VFS Global. How long does it take to get the PP back? Thank you for your answers.

Best regards
Wait until you crosscheck all information on the visa and COPR and ensure its correct. If there’s any mistakes you need to inform the embassy in your country asap so they can request a return of whatever document that had the mistake and reissue you a new one (Note: If there a few letters missing in your surname or given name or city name, that’s normal as they truncate it due to space limitations and you can fly with those documents).

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

Best regards
Counterfoil is an official document placed in your passport that enables you admission to Canada.
I would expect you should receive your passport very soon. May depend on the courier speed once
the Visa office has finished processing it........ Some received back within a week.
Make sure all the information is correct.

If you are prepared to arrive in Canada soon then I would put the plane tickets on hold
through your travel agent. If they can do that where you are?
Remember, it's summer here now ( 31 degrees yesterday in the west ). The flight ticket prices have more than doubled.
Time for a ' cold one ' !

Reactions: michyme