+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it risky to travel outside of Canada without PR card???

Marysom

Aug 19, 2011
Hi Everyone,
I am planning to travel outside of Canada without getting my PR card. i was landed on 4th Aug and according to CIC it will take 43 business days to recieve my PR card.... my question is that If i leave without PR and tell my relative to send my card via DHL so is it risky or is it OK??

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can have it sent to you, many people do.

Sometimes there are problems with regard to the photographs not being acceptable - that can be a pain.

Marysom

Aug 19, 2011
i am in delimma of leaving and waiting... if i wait for my card so it will take one month more and then i have less days to travel.. can you please tell me about the picture prob?? what is it exactlly?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the photos are rejected, you will not receive the card until you submit other pictures.

Leaving the country is easy, but if you want to get back in without a Permanent resident card then you will need a travel document.

Marysom

Aug 19, 2011
i took photograph in Black's studio so i dont think so it can make any problem.... how long it takes to get travel document?? shall i apply now or then when i am coming back??

Marysom

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks baloo for your info, last question is it safe to send PR via DHL or any other courior???

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marysom said:
Thanks baloo for your info, last question is it safe to send PR via DHL or any other courior???
Only in the sense that courier companies do misplace things once in a while.

houstace

Jul 25, 2011
Hi,
I am sort of in the same boat. I am travelling to Canada in December 2011 but have to return to my home country because I have to complete my contract at work which expires in june 2012 and also to have my kids complete the school year. I have heard about the issues with the pictures on the PR cards. My question is basically are the pictures taken on the airport or do we have to provide them. Are there any specifications if we have to provide them? Also if we do at all need to get the travel documents then is it a big issue?
Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
houstace said:
Hi,
I am sort of in the same boat. I am travelling to Canada in December 2011 but have to return to my home country because I have to complete my contract at work which expires in june 2012 and also to have my kids complete the school year. I have heard about the issues with the pictures on the PR cards. My question is basically are the pictures taken on the airport or do we have to provide them. Are there any specifications if we have to provide them? Also if we do at all need to get the travel documents then is it a big issue?
Thanks
You provide them, you are sent a specification when they request your passport.

uchemama1

Jan 6, 2011
hi, i'm waiting to receive my landing appointment in the next 2-4 weeks. pls let me know how many weeks from the date you received your landing appointment to the actual date of your interview? I also need to plan for a trip and will have to rely on DHL to receive the card. thanks

Marysom

Aug 19, 2011
cic sent me letter on 18 july and the date of interview was 4th aug ...... i was landed 4th aug and still waiting for my card :(