+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it required to have stamps in passport not in English or French translated?

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see many comments of applicants who got their stamps translated. Is this a requirement as it is not specified in the invitation letter for the test.
If so, is there any other way to prove the travel dates (like travel tickets) instead of having theses stamps translated?
Thanks in advance

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check again your test invitation, every single document/evidence not in french/english should be accompanied by an official translation.

If you choose not to you're simply gambling with your application and might end up with an RQ.

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply
Other suggestions/inputs with stamps examination during the interview?

Jes

Dec 10, 2007
The officer in our interview explicitly asked for the (certified) translation of any non English/French stamps in our passports. The translations were the only documents he actually looked at and kept after the test.

If your application is else ok and you are only missing the stamp translations, I don't think that this triggers RQ anymore (but it could). As I understood here you get this new form with request to submit the necessary documents within 30 days. Anyway, it is a delay and no one wnats that to happen.

Good luck.

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Can someone confirm the following is true?
The stamps translation is not required as one of the citizenship application documents, but is required during interview.

Jes

Dec 10, 2007
In the initial application you need to submit photos of the biographical pages of your travel document.
Point 3 of the Citizenship application guide:

3. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)

The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.
Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,
Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s)

Thus, you don't need to translate any stamps at this stage of the application. But if the biographical information or the renewal page if exists are not in English/French, the you'll need to translate these

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply but look carefully waht chelavnzuo wrote : but is required during interview
Then we ask if this is a requirement during interview ☺

Jes

Dec 10, 2007
He asked for confirmation of two statements:
I answered his first part of his question about the application documents in my reply to him
I have already answered the second part about the interview in my reply to you. :p

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
What are the renewal pages? Say if I am going to apply in August 2014, and my current passport (which is a replacement of my old passport) was issued in March 2010. Does it mean I only have to provide the photocopy of my current passport biographical page?

Jes said:
In the initial application you need to submit photos of the biographical pages of your travel document.
Point 3 of the Citizenship application guide:

3. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)

The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.
Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,
Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s)

Thus, you don't need to translate any stamps at this stage of the application. But if the biographical information or the renewal page if exists are not in English/French, the you'll need to translate these

Jes

Dec 10, 2007
Hi,

Some countries (like my own) have a note on the new passport stating that it replaces an older passport with the no. and other info about the older one.
Other countries allow you to extend the current passports past the expiration date in some cases. They also add a note to the passport explaining this.

In your case, you have to submit a copy of the biographical page of your current passport only, since it is the only one you had in the last 4 years.