+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to withdraw my application from Inlander and apply for Outlander?

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
Hi guys,

Details:
I'm a Canadian citizen.
My husband is South Korean.
Entered Canada with a visitor status on July 2014.
Inland App + OWP App sent to CIC Nov 2014.
AOR email received Dec 2014.
OWP not received, they thought he had an invalid status.
Spoke to MP to get CIC to process the OWP app.
No UCI code has been given to us yet.

Is it even possible right now to withdraw our Inland and apply for an Outland application?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Is it possible to change my application from Inlander to Outlander?

You can't "change" an existing inland application to an outland application.

However you can certainly withdraw your inland application and apply from scratch using the outland process.

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
Re: Is it possible to change my application from Inlander to Outlander?

scylla said:
You can't "change" an existing inland application to an outland application.

However you can certainly withdraw your inland application and apply from scratch using the outland process.
I was under the impression that if I withdrew my application, that I wouldn't be able to apply for it again?

Is there a limit as to when I can withdraw my application?

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
Did he actually have a legal status in November? How long was his Visitor Record good for (or did he not receive one?)

As much as it sucks, you have already waited 6 months, which means you are 1/4 of the way through waiting (hopefully). If you can get your MP to fix your OWP permit problem, it will be better then waiting for an Outland (6 months to 1.5 years from when you submit since you will probably be processed through Manila).

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
Sheps said:
Did he actually have a legal status in November? How long was his Visitor Record good for (or did he not receive one?)

As much as it sucks, you have already waited 6 months, which means you are 1/4 of the way through waiting (hopefully). If you can get your MP to fix your OWP permit problem, it will be better then waiting for an Outland (6 months to 1.5 years from when you submit since you will probably be processed through Manila).
Yeah, he entered Canada in July, so he had a valid Visitor Status until January 2015. Even the processing time through Manila seems to be 56 days, which means he could work in 2 months, then 17 months for his PR status. Which if we applied now, is still sooner than the Inland by a month. The point is he's able to work in 2 months versus the 16 months (according to CIC website). This is of course if we don't get his OWP soon and have to wait the 16 months for Inland.

I hope I'm not misunderstanding something, but I hope I get an answer from my MP on Friday regarding the OWP and the Inland vs Outland process for our specific application.

Thanks everyone for replying, I really appreciate the insight. I'm stressed, my husband is stressed, so it's a relief to hear about other people's situations and finding out more advice/tips for our situation.

Thanks guys!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
What do you mean "he could work in two months"? With outland you must wait for full PR.

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
truesmile said:
What do you mean "he could work in two months"? With outland you must wait for full PR.
I called my MP's office to ask, "For the Outland application, it says 56 days for the approval of the sponsor, does that means he can come work in Canada after those 56 days?" They said yes. Is this wrong information?

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
tdubokchoi said:
I called my MP's office to ask, "For the Outland application, it says 56 days for the approval of the sponsor, does that means he can come work in Canada after those 56 days?" They said yes. Is this wrong information?
Yes, this is wrong information. Our government's incompetence never cease's to amaze me.

For someone who is outside of Canada and applying outland, assuming they don't come during the PR process (which is allowed, and is processed as if they have no PR application going on), then until the entire thing is complete and they receive DM and a CoPR, they cannot come to Canada and work.

Sponsorship approval (SA) doesn't mean much aside from the fact that the sponsor is eligible to actually sponsor that person.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tdubokchoi said:
Unbelievable!

And, why do you say "he can come work in Canada"? Isn't he already IN Canada, hence the Inland application?

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
Ponga said:
Unbelievable!

And, why do you say "he can come work in Canada"? Isn't he already IN Canada, hence the Inland application?
Purely because his visitor status would have expired on January 2015. So he would have to leave to renew his 6 months visitor status, right? That's why I worded it as "can come work in Canada".

But that's besides the point if he can't work in Canada until 17 months later. That crucial piece of information is necessary for our decision. Eff, if only the gov't (CIC and MP) could give me straight ACCURATE answers when asked.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tdubokchoi said:
Purely because his visitor status would have expired on January 2015. So he would have to leave to renew his 6 months visitor status, right? That's why I worded it as "can come work in Canada".

But that's besides the point if he can't work in Canada until 17 months later. That crucial piece of information is necessary for our decision. Eff, if only the gov't (CIC and MP) could give me straight ACCURATE answers when asked.
Yes. If he withdraws the Inland application he would need to leave and hope to be allowed to re-enter Canada to correct his status.

If you are absolutely certain that on the day that CIC received his Inland application and OWP he had legal status...he definitely qualifies for the pilot OWP.

So...what would have been his last day of status?

What day did CIC receive his application?

Seems easy enough to decipher whether or not he still had legal status.

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
Ponga said:
Yes. If he withdraws the Inland application he would need to leave and hope to be allowed to re-enter Canada to correct his status.

If you are absolutely certain that on the day that CIC received his Inland application and OWP he had legal status...he definitely qualifies for the pilot OWP.

So...what would have been his last day of status?

What day did CIC receive his application?

Seems easy enough to decipher whether or not he still had legal status.
His last day of status would have been January 2015, CIC sent an AOR email on December 2014.

Apparently our OWP wasn't processed is due to lack of attention to detail, as far as I've been told by MP and CIC.

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
Get them to fix your OWP, if it is their "attention to detail" they should fix it (right the wrong).

Either way, at the worst, once you get AIP I believe you are eligible for a OWP (6 months more), someone correct me if I am wrong