+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to wait for PPR in third country?

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
I have another question though :rolleyes: is Canada going to help those people in Russia who don’t want to go into war and don’t support Putin? They are affected by war as well but seems like double standards to me. Help Ukraine but don’t help Russia

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have another question though :rolleyes: is Canada going to help those people in Russia who don’t want to go into war and don’t support Putin? They are affected by war as well but seems like double standards to me. Help Ukraine but don’t help Russia
I think that bolded sentence shows what's wrong. There's no double standard. One party is wrong.

Big topic and big question. First response will always be: it is Russia's responsibility to help Russians (in Russia). If Russia/the Russian government decides to initiate a murderous, criminal war and destroy the lives and livelihoods of Russians to do so, there is very little in the scale of the problem foreign governments can do, and considerable problems in even attempting to do so. (Remember, this is a government that has also sent assassins and spies to commit murder on the territories of other countries, including of their own citizens - those countries have security responsibilities first and foremost to their own citizens and residents). Everything else, like discussions about whether it makes sense to provide visas to some Russians, is a much more complicated discussion.

Get out. What Canadian government can do to help you is limited while you are there. Get your spouse out, too - and when a PR your spouse will be a Canadian.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
I mean EU wants to discuss initiating humanitarian visas for those who are escaping mobilizataion and stuff, why Canada and US can't do so?
When Taliban government came in power, Canada started to process Afgan applications faster or gave refugee statuses to people more often. Very very similar in terms of helping sertain people who don't want to live in a dictatorship.
I need to rent out my apartments and finish work here and then i'll go..

MrJackpots

Jun 6, 2022
Wife and I are in a similar situation, except I am in Canada and she is in Russia with our newborn child. Eligibility and background check not started still for her. We will be exploring options of staying in third countries until PR is processed. This is all so awful and stressful.

Reactions: valvlad

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Wife and I are in a similar situation, except I am in Canada and she is in Russia with our newborn child. Eligibility and background check not started still for her. We will be exploring options of staying in third countries until PR is processed. This is all so awful and stressful.
I feel you... It has been forever for us. Your file is in Warsaw as well?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I mean EU wants to discuss initiating humanitarian visas for those who are escaping mobilizataion and stuff, why Canada and US can't do so?
When Taliban government came in power, Canada started to process Afgan applications faster or gave refugee statuses to people more often. Very very similar in terms of helping sertain people who don't want to live in a dictatorship.
I need to rent out my apartments and finish work here and then i'll go..
Sure, Canada can do so. Lower priority than some other problems.

And sure: some similarities exist, but others don't. And still must be realistic: has to be balanced out against other things.

Afghanistan: clear priority was/is for those who worked for Canadian government (and some other orgs like intl humanitarian and Canadian press).

"Refugee cases" - quite different actually. But short form in most cases: except for the very small number who are processed and selected as refugees by UN agencies, the vast majority of 'refugee' cases involves the individuals either getting to CAnada first, or at minimum getting out of the home country from which they are fleeing.

In other words: get out first.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes in Warsaw. We will be trying for a visitor visa with special request regarding the emergency circumstances... will see how that goes.
That is worth a try. Again: get out of Russia first.

Also try your MP. It may not solve the problem, but will not hurt .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
my mp has been silent btw. sent out 2 emails, last one was angry :)
"Angry" is not always the best way to approach, although depends on circumstances and whom that anger is directed at. You may wish to try again - nicely. As discussed in another thread, there is not very much that MP's can do directly except inquire.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
"Angry" is not always the best way to approach, although depends on circumstances and whom that anger is directed at. You may wish to try again - nicely. As discussed in another thread, there is not very much that MP's can do directly except inquire.
I was angry towards the situation in general, that wait time is way too long.

JUST got the reply that MP that they notified the Warsaw office about urgency of situation.
fingers crossed we get everything very soon!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: armoured

fred21

Jul 7, 2020
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All,

I am a dependant living in UAE and my Primary Applicant is in India,
I planned to take my spouse from India to UAE under Residence Visa,
The visa work was nearing completion and we had bought a ticket for her to visit the UAE on November 1st week, she saw in the tracker COPR number created, GCkey has no updates, and the expiration date is April 2024.
The primary visa office is in Ottawa, while the subsidiary office is in New Delhi.
I checked with VFS Global in the UAE, and they stated she may submit her passport anywhere.
So our issue is whether she can fly to the UAE, and if informing the IRCC would cause any delays in the procedure.
She has no prior travel history outside of India, and we need to notify the IRCC once she arrives, and what is the protocol for doing so and updating the address?

Thanks in Advance