+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to wait for PPR in third country?

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Hey people, please, if anyone knows...
We applied for spousal sponsorship from Russia (both me and my husband are residing in Moscow) but we have been waiting forever since. Right now, something really bad is about to happen in Russia and we are afraid it might cause a full scale war with Ukraine. I don't want my husband to go into the war so we are thinking of moving to Turkey while waiting for passport request. Is it possible? If yes, is it still going to be Warsaw office issuing his visa or it might be moved to Ankara or something?
I'm so afraid and we have very little time to do this...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We applied for spousal sponsorship from Russia (both me and my husband are residing in Moscow) but we have been waiting forever since. Right now, something really bad is about to happen in Russia and we are afraid it might cause a full scale war with Ukraine. I don't want my husband to go into the war so we are thinking of moving to Turkey while waiting for passport request. Is it possible? If yes, is it still going to be Warsaw office issuing his visa or it might be moved to Ankara or something?
Yes, you can submit passport pursuant to the PPR at any VAC anywhere in the world, or, if in Canada, do a virtual landing. The visa office (in embassy or consulate) to which the VAC sends the package at that stage is just printing the visa and affixing it to the passport, it does not need to be a visa office that handles family applications.

I do encourage you to get out. You may also wish to apply for a TRV (and pursue MP etc) as family member of a Canadian.

Godspeed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, you can move somewhere else. No issues doing that.

For application processing, I think the processing would still be completed through Warsaw. In terms of visa stamping, I'm not sure if they would move to Ankara or leave with Warsaw.

Reactions: valvlad

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Yes, you can submit passport pursuant to the PPR at any VAC anywhere in the world, or, if in Canada, do a virtual landing. The visa office (in embassy or consulate) to which the VAC sends the package at that stage is just printing the visa and affixing it to the passport, it does not need to be a visa office that handles family applications.

I do encourage you to get out. You may also wish to apply for a TRV (and pursue MP etc) as family member of a Canadian.

Godspeed.
Thank you!

MP has been silent for a week now that I contacted her. Also visitor visas are still on hold.. This is our only way out as for now :(

• Love
Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For application processing, I think the processing would still be completed through Warsaw. In terms of visa stamping, I'm not sure if they would move to Ankara or leave with Warsaw.
To my knowledge, they do not move files from one office to the other (for this reason anyway). Eg Warsaw should remain the primary office, and the generic instructions will simply say submit to the 'closest' VAC.

To warn, sometimes the 'closest' VAC (eg Ankara or Istanbul in this case) may not be entirely aware that they can accept applications for files / PPRs from other visa offices, but they usually work it out (since they are mostly run by VFS Global, they can confirm internally). There are other modest inconveniences - like how to pay is quite local - but again, it works out. The embassy/consulate visa offices know internally how to get the instructions from the 'lead' office (warsaw_) to print the visa.

Strongly doubt there will be an issue with Turkish VACs (who deal with I think lots of middle Eastern applicants too), the ones where it gets confusing are eg Indian applicants in Australia or other further offices. But it always seems to work out. The biggest hurdle just seems to be that people you get on the phone at first level (in Cdn govt and VFS or other) may not know this is possible, so you may have to ask more than once.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you!

MP has been silent for a week now that I contacted her. Also visitor visas are still on hold.. This is our only way out as for now :(
Honestly, even if you were hearing back from the MP and the TRV was moving forward, you would still need to GTFO now. I think you know that. If you get a passport request for the TRV, deal with that outside of the country.

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
We applied for spousal sponsorship from Russia (both me and my husband are residing in Moscow) but we have been waiting forever since. Right now, something really bad is about to happen in Russia and we are afraid it might cause a full-scale war with Ukraine. I don't want my husband to go into the war so we are thinking of moving to Turkey while waiting for passport request. Is it possible? If yes, is it still going to be Warsaw office issuing his visa or it might be moved to Ankara or something?
Hello,
I hope you get out of there asap, i read yesterday things are going to get worse as they will be banning certain aged men from leaving the country so they can fight war. I am sure you know more than i do. Book your flight. Goodluck and stay safe.

"Flights out of Russia sold out on many routes soon after the announcement that 300,000 reservists would be drafted into Russian the military, amid fears men of fighting age would be barred from leaving the country."

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Hello,
I hope you get out of there asap, i read yesterday things are going to get worse as they will be banning certain aged men from leaving the country so they can fight war. I am sure you know more than i do. Book your flight. Goodluck and stay safe.

"Flights out of Russia sold out on many routes soon after the announcement that 300,000 reservists would be drafted into Russian the military, amid fears men of fighting age would be barred from leaving the country."
I wrote my mp again and we are thinking of Kazakhstan now instead of Turkey.
Yes, we woke up to a horrible speech this morning.....

• Sad
Reactions: scylla and Kiikii

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

All flights to visa exempt countries are sold out from what I hear. I wish the OP luck in getting out and hopefully they're already in another country.

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
You can likely reach IRCC as well maybe, they also have a direct hotline for people affected by WAR. It says Ukraine but no harm in trying. I am sure others on this page can guide you better. Just pray you guys get out of there. My best friend is half Russian / Belarusian thankfully she lives in Dubai.

• Sad

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good luck. I'm hearing people are being stopped at border crossings so you need to fly.

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just make sure to update your address when you leave Russia. If living outside of Canada MPs may be less helpful since they are really supposed to be dealing with people currently living in their district. They can’t do much when it comes to IRCC. Would suggest you register with foreign affairs (think they have a different name) in Moscow so they know a Canadian is living in Moscow and where. I know when I used to travel to less stable parts of the worlds I would notify the Canadian embassy that I’d be in the country for a month. They tend to have the most up-to-date information and may be able to help you about routes out of Russia, what they are hearing, etc. Thry will be much more helpful than an MP.

Last edited: