+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to receive the Canada Child Benefit for the period of staying outside Canada?

ggottawa

Sep 17, 2015
I am not sure if it is the right place to ask this question.
But, I could not find the category where my question can fit in, and I hope someone can answer my question.

I am Canadian currently living in Korea.
My daughter was born in 2015 as a Canadian in Korea, and my family is planning to go back to Canada early next year.

Here is my question.
Considering that she has not received any Canada Child Benefit (CCB) from the federal Government yet, can she receive the CCB benefit for the last five years (while she was outside Canada) once she moves back to Canada next year?

Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In 2017, you also said your family is planning to go back to Canada next year (2018). I suggest you wait until you have a solid plan.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But, I could not find the category where my question can fit in, and I hope someone can answer my question.

My daughter was born in 2015 as a Canadian in Korea, and my family is planning to go back to Canada early next year.

Here is my question.
Considering that she has not received any Canada Child Benefit (CCB) from the federal Government yet, can she receive the CCB benefit for the last five years (while she was outside Canada) once she moves back to Canada next year?

Thank you.
CCB is intended to help with the high costs of raising a child in Canada. Your child did not qualify for CCB since they were born. Once you and your child return to Canada you will start qualifying for CCB.

Reactions: ggottawa and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Here is my question.

Thank you.
CCB is for the parents, not for the child. If you move back with the child, then you can apply after.

Reactions: ggottawa