+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to have A 'Notice of Decision' without court hearing?

Kiitan

Oct 13, 2018
Few days ago we got a letter in our mailbox to forward some documents to Welfare, part of the documents required of us includes the 'Notice of Decision' which we do not have...

.....We haven't had our court hearing, we're just 5/6mths old here in Canada. Then got a letter few days ago from welfare asking us to send few documents to them for them to process our new baby's benefits etc.. One of the documents required was 'Notice of Decision'... But it's stunning as we're yet to even have a date fixed for our court hearing.

We're a family of 4. My husband, myself, our first daughter and the 3mths old newborn we had here.

I'll like to know if anyone has had/heard about cases where you get a notice of decision without having a court hearing of your case.

Thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You won’t get a notice of decision until you have a hearing. Keep in mind that welfare is provincially run and not federal and they are probably still operation on the assumption IRB is providing hearing in the 90 day window that was the previous standard. Send a letter of explanation or any documents or communication indicating your hearing being cancelled.

Reactions: Kiitan

szaib002

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Just send your protection document and the copy of the letter saying your hearing got canceled or postponed. I think it should be enough

Kiitan

Oct 13, 2018
You won’t get a notice of decision until you have a hearing. Keep in mind that welfare is provincially run and not federal and they are probably still operation on the assumption IRB is providing hearing in the 90 day window that was the previous standard. Send a letter of explanation or any documents or communication indicating your hearing being cancelled.
Thanks very much, we'll do that on Monday morning. Though there's no date fixed for our hearing, it's indefinite at the moment.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I also would like to mention that you will not receive child benefits until you get accepted, even for your new baby Canadian born.