+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to get study permit if i already complete 2 years undergrad study in native country?

Iftekhar_rizz

Jan 8, 2019
I recieved my 12th certificate in August,2016 and then i admitted to a private university in my home country in Jan,2017. After studying for almost 2 years there ,i figured out im not satisfied with the university! And also it has not that much reputation in the job market of my country thats why i want to move to a canadian university .

Is it possible for me to get the study permit for studying in canada from the beginning (UG)??
Will the showing of 2 years study result in visa refusal (If i want to start from the beginning)??

Some people told me not to apply.they said the embassy gonna refuse the application bcz they might want me to complete my UG(B.sc) over here and then apply for the PG (M.sc).

Help me out with ur valuable suggestion.
Thanks in advance!

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
I recieved my 12th certificate in August,2016 and then i admitted to a private university in my home country in Jan,2017. After studying for almost 2 years there ,i figured out im not satisfied with the university! And also it has not that much reputation in the job market of my country thats why i want to move to a canadian university .

Is it possible for me to get the study permit for studying in canada from the beginning (UG)??
Will the showing of 2 years study result in visa refusal (If i want to start from the beginning)??

Some people told me not to apply.they said the embassy gonna refuse the application bcz they might want me to complete my UG(B.sc) over here and then apply for the PG (M.sc).

Thanks in advance!
In my opinion, you should not disclose your private university education in your visa application as it will put negative impact. Cover that time with something else like an experience or something and you can also write a sop about your situation, but don't write negative things, only positive ones. Good luck.

Reactions: Iftekhar_rizz

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

Thanks in advance!
My advice : Never lie and never hide anything when dealing with IRCC. If caught out you will be banned for 5 years for misrepresentation and the information will be shared with all the western countries.

Be honest, make a strong SOP and you will be successful.

All the best

Last edited:

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

Thanks in advance!
If the university in question has a bad reputation why would you want to get a degree from there? You will have to give the visa officer the reason why you want to go to a Canadian University and not a public university in your native country instead. If you have valid reasoning then that should not be a reason for your rejection. You have to convince the visa officer that you are dropping out for a genuine reason and not for ulterior motives.

Iftekhar_rizz

Jan 8, 2019
My advice : Never lie and never hide anything when dealing with IRCC. If caught out you will be banned for 5 years for misrepresentation and the information will be shared with all the western countries.

Be honest, make a strong SOP and you will be successful.

All the best
Thanks brother!
But can u please suggest me an idea or a strong valid reason that i should mention in the SOP in the exect situation of mine ?

Ali_444

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
I'm in a doubt please clarify, i have done 10th and after completed 3 years of diploma in civil engineering with 6.5 cgpa, later i change the feild and done 3 years of Higher diploma in hospitality management completed on September'18. And got offer letter for chef course (diploma 2 years) in canada . Will i get Visa?
Please help me out I'll put file in 15 days under sds

Iftekhar_rizz

Jan 8, 2019
If the university in question has a bad reputation why would you want to get a degree from there? You will have to give the visa officer the reason why you want to go to a Canadian University and not a public university in your native country instead. If you have valid reasoning then that should not be a reason for your rejection. You have to convince the visa officer that you are dropping out for a genuine reason and not for ulterior motives.
Thanks brother for the reply!
I could not attend the admission test of public university due to my health issues that time ! (The universities that i was looking to admit and prepared for)
My academic result was good till 12th. I had a passion about computer science so i thought university would not be a fact. Thats why i got admitted to a university which is near to my home!
Should i write all this in my SOP?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks brother for the reply!
I could not attend the admission test of public university due to my health issues that time ! (The universities that i was looking to admit and prepared for)
My academic result was good till 12th. I had a passion about computer science so i thought university would not be a fact. Thats why i got admitted to a university which is near to my home!
Should i write all this in my SOP?
Concentrate more on the advantage of Canadian education , your missing of exam test which led you to this private university and your unhappiness with the university and your passion for computer science. Focus on positives and ultimately write a original and genuine SOP.