+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to get a student visa with combination of Duolingo and IELTS General?

gauravbhide

Oct 1, 2020
Hello Experts,

I hope you are doing well. I need some help regarding student visa.

I have an express entry profile with 443 points. Looking at the draws from last year or so, I don't think I have any chance of getting PR. Hence, in last month, I decided to pursue my masters degree from Canada. From my friends, I found out that, many universities in Canada are now accepting Duolingo English test. So, I appeared for the test and able to score the marks which are required for admission process. By passing Duolingo, I think, I have all the documents required for an admission process.

Now, to get a student visa, Do I have to pass IELTS academic exam too? or can immigration team will consider my IETLS general score to grant me a student visa? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
I know for sure IELTS general is accepted by SDS. So I am sure its fine for NON SDS too, no reason to have different language criteria for sds and non sds .

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello Experts,

I hope you are doing well. I need some help regarding student visa.

I have an express entry profile with 443 points. Looking at the draws from last year or so, I don't think I have any chance of getting PR. Hence, in last month, I decided to pursue my masters degree from Canada. From my friends, I found out that, many universities in Canada are now accepting Duolingo English test. So, I appeared for the test and able to score the marks which are required for admission process. By passing Duolingo, I think, I have all the documents required for an admission process.

Now, to get a student visa, Do I have to pass IELTS academic exam too? or can immigration team will consider my IETLS general score to grant me a student visa? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
IELTS is not required for study permit applications