+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to find a nurse job if I come on Visitor's Visa

sheenamol29

Jul 2, 2011
I am a qualified Nurse from India with 10years of clinical experience in major health centres. Currently working in the UK as health care manager. I would like to come to Canada on visitor's visa to look for a job. I have already applied for my registration with the CNO and waiting for their decision letter to come through. Is it possible to find a job in Ontario if I come on Visitor's visa? If I get the job offer what will be the procedure to apply for a work permit? Could you also guide me to prepare the documents for visitor's visa please? Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
Thanks in advance.

akuma

Jun 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
I dont think that is possible because you have to have a PR

sheenamol29

Jul 2, 2011
I am confident that I can find an employer to hire me. If I find an employer what will be the procedure to get the work permit?Do I need to go out of the country to apply?
Many thanks!!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Just to put my two cents in here - is there a reason why you do not want to apply in the Federal Skilled Worker Programme as nurses are in the most desired category (NOC 3152)? Perhaps you are just wanting to come on a temporary basis, no problem, but just thought you would have less trouble applying in the FSW way and being done with it. It is a lot of work for an employer to go through all the required hoops to prove he couldn't hire a Canadian to do the job. Good Luck.

Phil Chen

Star Member
May 30, 2011
As I know, it is not a "must" option to get a PR first for working as a RN in Canada. Don't forget that there is an another program defined as the "Foreign Worker",whether the provided position is assigned to temporary or permanent, getting a RN job is always the one most easiler and faster in Canadian job market if the candidate has certified by nursing-related institution. For further information, reach the relevant website, however, overall band score 7 seems a must for getting certified.

lins

Jan 13, 2011
i think you will not be able to find a job withour pr bcoz almost all provinces stopped hiring international applicants. i know so many nurses from kerala who got graduate nurse license and not able to find job.

sheenamol29

Jul 2, 2011
Many thanks for your answers. I did Masters degree in Nursing in the UK. I am confident that I can get a job offer by using my qualification and 10 yrs clinical experience.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Hi sheenamol, it is a good sign that you are optimistic.
As you repeatedly mentioned you are confident to find an employer and the job offer why don't at least try for a TRV to begin your attempt. Because of your TRV you may have to leave Canada to get your status changed to Temporary work permit once you get the job offer letter from a prospective employer.

Please review the CIC website about Visiting Canada. You should also keep in mind that at the Port of Entry, all visitors must demonstrate that the purpose of their visit to Canada is of a temporary nature. CIC Officers at the Port of Entry will deny admission to all persons who, in their opinion, do not intend to leave Canada at the expiry of their visitor status.

:D Good luck and wish you every success in your endeavor.

lins

Jan 13, 2011
Now a days international hiring for RNs is very rare in Cnada. Only saskatchewan is hiring a few specialized positions, that too in small city and rural hospitals, plus some remote locations. Anyway
Wish you good luck.

S

shibuya

Mole,
Try to apply for NOC 3152 and u will get PR visas within 15-18 months.

UnsungHero

Mar 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi SheenaMol,

Registering with CNO does not make you a Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario. CNO just evaluates your credentials and inform you whether you are eligible to write CRNE. I dont think without passing either CRNE or CPNRE any employer will hire you. CRNE or CPNRE is a must.

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
sheenamol29 said:
I am a qualified Nurse from India with 10years of clinical experience in major health centres. Currently working in the UK as health care manager. I would like to come to Canada on visitor's visa to look for a job. I have already applied for my registration with the CNO and waiting for their decision letter to come through. Is it possible to find a job in Ontario if I come on Visitor's visa? If I get the job offer what will be the procedure to apply for a work permit? Could you also guide me to prepare the documents for visitor's visa please? Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
Thanks in advance.
I might be wrong, but I believe that CNO won't allow you to take their exam if you're not a Canadian PR. Without taking the exam, one can not practice as an RN or an RPN which means that any experience that one has acquired in their home country will be of no value in relation to finding a job.