+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it possible to file same application to 2 visa offices

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
hi rocky and all senior members
is it possible to file same application to 2 visa offices...i applied in buffalo visa office....i think it will take one more year...can a person apply to home country visa office without withdrawing or transferring buffalo application

also for how long ielts general test remain valid...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

roopa82 said:
hi rocky and all senior members
is it possible to file same application to 2 visa offices...i applied in buffalo visa office....i think it will take one more year...can a person apply to home country visa office without withdrawing or transferring buffalo application

also for how long ielts general test remain valid...
1. No
2. it is valid for 1 year.

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
THANKS PMM....i mean new application...to NS...and i will select new visa office...and my 2 applications will go side by side

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Sending new application to Sidney NS without withdrawing the previous one from Buffalo is not possible. Because you are already in the process.
It is just common sense.

You can either withdraw and apply new one or request transfer to another office.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hi

slavasz said:
Sending new application to Sidney NS without withdrawing the previous one from Buffalo is not possible. Because you are already in the process.
It is just common sense.

You can either withdraw and apply new one or request transfer to another office.
Except CIC will not transfer unless it is for the "integrity of the program"

"Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone does not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120 day deadline allotted by the CIO."