+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to email IRCC regarding an individual?

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hello

Asking for a friend and seeking expert advice. A close friend shared her mother in law passed away. Her father in law is lonely now and wishes to come settle in Canada with his son's family. The challenge is the FIL came previously on a TRV and was extremely verbally abusive to my friend. It affected her peace and mental health.

She is asking to know if she can write a letter to ircc and share what happened when he previously visited. Would a letter help with rejection of any post immigration attempts? Would it remain confidential?

TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

Asking for a friend and seeking expert advice. A close friend shared her mother in law passed away. Her father in law is lonely now and wishes to come settle in Canada with his son's family. The challenge is the FIL came previously on a TRV and was extremely verbally abusive to my friend. It affected her peace and mental health.

She is asking to know if she can write a letter to ircc and share what happened when he previously visited. Would a letter help with rejection of any post immigration attempts? Would it remain confidential?

TIA
No it would not remain confidential. He can't just move to Canada. You can see if he gets selected for PGP spot or he can visit on a supervisa.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I get the implication OP's friend wants the FIL to NOT enter Canada at all?

For now, unfortunately, this is merely a domestic matter, as no immigration rules had been violated. What your friend has in her favor is that her FIL is not allowed to stay in Canada for more the CBSA-sanctioned time period on a TRV unless they apply for certain things. If FIL violates the conditions of the TRV, only then can she probably bring it up to IRCC.