+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to convert visitng visa to study visa ?

Julien Kiesse

May 7, 2024
Hi ,

I am international student doing my study in united state however i would like to study in canada, and currently i do have canadian visa . So my question is, can i get admission outside canada without any need of IELT exam requirement ,since i have already done my study in USA ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi ,

I am international student doing my study in united state however i would like to study in canada, and currently i do have canadian visa . So my question is, can i get admission outside canada without any need of IELT exam requirement ,since i have already done my study in USA ?
No such thing as converting a visa. You are applying for a study permit and having TRV is of no benefit. You must meet admission requirements of the school and if IELTS are required then you do It. going to a US school doesn’t mean you are exempt for language tests. Even Americans have to take IELTS to immigrate. Do you have admissions? Master/Phd>

Julien Kiesse

May 7, 2024
i have a master degree in management and a canadian visitor visa, howere i wanna opt for technology program but wanna do it in canada, i know i cant convert visitor to study permit , but within canada it also possible to apply for study permit and be granted as far as i know

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have a master degree in management and a canadian visitor visa, howere i wanna opt for technology program but wanna do it in canada, i know i cant convert visitor to study permit , but within canada it also possible to apply for study permit and be granted as far as i know
So what program are you taking? You need to show education and career progression so need to justify the costs by showing that you will make a much higher salary than having a Masters. Also if not a Master/Phd, you need PAL approved by the province. You can apply from within Canada but it is processed from home country so you want to show strong ties to return (job with higher pay, spouse/children, business, investment properties etc.). Being in Canada when you apply will weaken application.

Julien Kiesse

May 7, 2024
what is PAL ? and what do you means by weakning my application if i had to be in the country .

Last edited:

sisswa

Feb 1, 2016
It's possible some Canadian universities could waive the IELTS requirement if you've studied in the USA. But check with the university you're interested in to be sure.