+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to add a new occupation to an already submitted application.

Trini_guy

Dec 2, 2008
I submitted my application to the local Canadian embassy in October 08. However none of the occupations on my application matched the list of 38 that were released a month later. I have some part-time experience as a plumber. I was wondering if it would be possible to add my experience as a plumber to my existing application since I have not yet received word  from Nova Scotia of a rejection. I think this would increase my chances of not being rejected. Is it possible to send the additional information to Nova Scotia?

I also notice that the instructions in the CIC's website that accompany the new list of 38 occupation states 'You must have had at least one year of continuous full-time experience in this job within the last 10 years'. Does this mean that part-time experience in one of the 38 is no longer valid?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Trini_guy said:
I submitted my application to the local Canadian embassy in October 08. However none of the occupations on my application matched the list of 38 that were released a month later. I have some part-time experience as a plumber. I was wondering if it would be possible to add my experience as a plumber to my existing application since I have not yet received word from Nova Scotia of a rejection. I think this would increase my chances of not being rejected. Is it possible to send the additional information to Nova Scotia?

I also notice that the instructions in the CIC's website that accompany the new list of 38 occupation states 'You must have had at least one year of continuous full-time experience in this job within the last 10 years'. Does this mean that part-time experience in one of the 38 is no longer valid?
1. I doubt is you can amend you application at this stage, they probably would consider it self-serving at this point.
2. The work in the NOC 38 can be part time but it must be continuous, you divide the no. of hours by 1950 to get a year. Example you worked at an eligible job 15 hrs per week, you would have to work those hours for 130 weeks.

PMM