+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible for my wife to apply for the student visa while waiting for my SUV approval?

uhani0115

Aug 3, 2020
Hello,

I am an entrepreneur in Korea preparing to go to Canada with the Start-Up Visa after this COVID19 situation is over.

I had a few questions about if it is possible for my wife and children to apply for the student visa after submitting the final application to IRCC or while waiting for the approval which takes more than a year. The timeline that I have is to submit the final package in October or November 2021 and have my wife applying for the college ESL program so that my wife and children can go and settle in Canada first.

I am aware that I could apply for the work permit while waiting for the approval, however, I do not think that is going to work for us for a number of reasons. I am also aware of the risk that my SUV application might get rejected.

And here is the list of my questions and I would much appreciate it if you could answer these questions.

1. First of all, is it possible for my wife to apply for the student visa with our children while waiting for the approval of my SUV visa?
(I am going to assume that it is possible for the following questions.)
2. Would there be any chance that this would affect my SUV approval in any negative way?
3. What would be the things that I need to be aware of if I choose to do so? Do you have any advice about my plan?
4. Assuming that my wife and my children get the student visa, what are we going to have to do when we receive the final approval for our SUV visa program?

Thanks for your help in advance and I hope you have a great and safe day!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am an entrepreneur in Korea preparing to go to Canada with the Start-Up Visa after this COVID19 situation is over.

I had a few questions about if it is possible for my wife and children to apply for the student visa after submitting the final application to IRCC or while waiting for the approval which takes more than a year. The timeline that I have is to submit the final package in October or November 2021 and have my wife applying for the college ESL program so that my wife and children can go and settle in Canada first.

I am aware that I could apply for the work permit while waiting for the approval, however, I do not think that is going to work for us for a number of reasons. I am also aware of the risk that my SUV application might get rejected.

And here is the list of my questions and I would much appreciate it if you could answer these questions.

1. First of all, is it possible for my wife to apply for the student visa with our children while waiting for the approval of my SUV visa?
(I am going to assume that it is possible for the following questions.)
2. Would there be any chance that this would affect my SUV approval in any negative way?
3. What would be the things that I need to be aware of if I choose to do so? Do you have any advice about my plan?
4. Assuming that my wife and my children get the student visa, what are we going to have to do when we receive the final approval for our SUV visa program?

Thanks for your help in advance and I hope you have a great and safe day!
1. Yes, it's possible. However if she is planning on applying for an ESL course, the chances the study permit will be approved will be quite low. This is seen as a weak reason for wanting to study in Canada since it's too often been used by individuals who aren't genuine students but are just trying to find a way to get to Canada. If you want to go the study route, the much better option would be for her to study a college diploma or university degree that makes sense in light of her previous education and any work experience.
2. No, it should not. Only possible way this could impact the SUV application is if your wife someone commits a serious misrepresentation in her study permit which results in a refusal and 5 year ban from Canada. However that misrepresentation would have to be serious (e.g. falsifying financial documents, failing to declare a past visa refusal).
3. As said above, high chance the study permit will be refused. Pick a different program. Not ESL.
4. The application would be processed like normal.

uhani0115

Aug 3, 2020
1. Yes, it's possible. However if she is planning on applying for an ESL course, the chances the study permit will be approved will be quite low. This is seen as a weak reason for wanting to study in Canada since it's too often been used by individuals who aren't genuine students but are just trying to find a way to get to Canada. If you want to go the study route, the much better option would be for her to study a college diploma or university degree that makes sense in light of her previous education and any work experience.
2. No, it should not. Only possible way this could impact the SUV application is if your wife someone commits a serious misrepresentation in her study permit which results in a refusal and 5 year ban from Canada. However that misrepresentation would have to be serious (e.g. falsifying financial documents, failing to declare a past visa refusal).
3. As said above, high chance the study permit will be refused. Pick a different program. Not ESL.
4. The application would be processed like normal.
Hello, Scylla!

You are the one who answered the other thread that I uploaded a few weeks ago! Thanks for your help again.

As she is willing to study in Canada, then I think we are going to have to apply for the SUV first and let her study with the PR.

Thanks for your help again and I hope you have a great day!

Reactions: scylla