+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it possible for me seek for Asylum,an how to go through ?

portmo

Dec 14, 2019
i came to thought student visa an i was sponsors by our government an change my program an wait for the following semester an i work for 4 months. an i when to school after completing my first i have a problem with our government due to the people from our town i have a problem with them about land issues i sell their land with out let them know, an they cancel my scholarship and terminate my job and i also dont have the money to pay my school. and secondly the people of our town took me to court an the court have already make engorgement that i shot go to jail. i dont know what to do

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i came to thought student visa an i was sponsors by our government an change my program an wait for the following semester an i work for 4 months. an i when to school after completing my first i have a problem with our government due to the people from our town i have a problem with them about land issues i sell their land with out let them know, an they cancel my scholarship and terminate my job and i also dont have the money to pay my school. and secondly the people of our town took me to court an the court have already make engorgement that i shot go to jail. i dont know what to do
It's very difficult to say if you would be accepted as a refugee.

If you sold land without notifying the right individuals and this case is now in front of the courts in your country for this reason, this is generally not grounds for a refugee claim. This sounds like a legal issue that needs to be resolved in your home country. This doesn't mean that you qualify for refugee status in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest consulting a few lawyers because getting denied asylum will have long lasting implications on your ability to travel, work or study in many countries. It does seem like your pursuit of asylum is really rooted in your inability to pay for school. Asylum seekers don’t have the ability to study. You would have to apply for a study permit and pay international fees so looks like your studies are on hold no matter what. You have to show that your life is in danger in your country. Given that you have not been living there do you have proof of any threats, hospitalization, etc. You also have to prove that you have attempted to relocate within your country to be approved for asylum.

portmo

Dec 14, 2019
It's very difficult to say if you would be accepted as a refugee.

If you sold land without notifying the right individuals and this case is now in front of the courts in your country for this reason, this is generally not grounds for a refugee claim. This sounds like a legal issue that needs to be resolved in your home country. This doesn't mean that you qualify for refugee status in Canada.
but the government have cancel my scholarship and they terminated my job also an i shot go to jail coz the land is lots of money. an they also assume me that am one does behide the demonstration to impeach the government that shot take place tomorrow morning and i will be also be prosecuted for that if i go back an i shot also go to jail about our people.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
but the government have cancel my scholarship and they terminated my job also an i shot go to jail coz the land is lots of money. an they also assume me that am one does behide the demonstration to impeach the government that shot take place tomorrow morning and i will be also be prosecuted for that if i go back an i shot also go to jail about our people.
It sounds like a complication situation. I think your best option would be to consult with an immigration lawyer before you apply for anything. Without a lot more details, I don't think it's possible for any of us to say if you would be successful applying for asylum.

portmo

Dec 14, 2019
Would suggest consulting a few lawyers because getting denied asylum will have long lasting implications on your ability to travel, work or study in many countries. It does seem like your pursuit of asylum is really rooted in your inability to pay for school. Asylum seekers don’t have the ability to study. You would have to apply for a study permit and pay international fees so looks like your studies are on hold no matter what. You have to show that your life is in danger in your country. Given that you have not been living there do you have proof of any threats, hospitalization, etc. You also have to prove that you have attempted to relocate within your country to be approved for asylum.
well i all the proof and i was on news peppers many medias in our country and the order from the court an letter for termination my job

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Trying to avoid prosecution for actual crimes you committed is not a reason to claim asylum.

Reactions: jddd and Buletruck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes land issue is a very big criminal case in our country
You may be inadmissible then. Please consult some lawyers. If a lawyer is promising that he/she can guarantee approval consult another one. I said some lawyers because there are some lawyers that are only interested on making money and so they make promises they shouldn’t make.

Reactions: jddd

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. Very likely you are criminally inadmissible. Given your government knows you are in Canada, they may even choose to extradite you to face the charges (providing there is an extradition treaty). You created your own problems, go back a face up to your crimes.

Reactions: jddd

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agreed. Very likely you are criminally inadmissible. Given your government knows you are in Canada, they may even choose to extradite you to face the charges (providing there is an extradition treaty). You created your own problems, go back a face up to your crimes.
Will depend on the country and the charges. If the charges are a result of corruption it could be a reason for asylum if the person life is now at risk. Without more information nobody on this forum can comment and is why OP needs to consult some good lawyers.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
OP is still most likely criminally inadmissible. The equivalent crime in Canada is either theft or fraud, both of which, at the level implied, would be serious. Whether the OP is removable would depend on the country of origin. If it’s not possible to remove them, they still won’t qualify for asylum.