+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible for AINP nominee to enter thru Buffalo

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
Is it possible for AINP nominee to enter thru Buffalo and apply PR from buffalo border giving a friends address in alberta to collect PR card?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiann said:
Is it possible for AINP nominee to enter thru Buffalo and apply PR from buffalo border giving a friends address in alberta to collect PR card?
Why do you want to make things complex for yourself. immigration will get suspicious about your move. just enter Alberta and go back to the US.

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
AlbertaGovernor said:
canadiann said:
Why do you want to make things complex for yourself. immigration will get suspicious about your move. just enter Alberta and go back to the US.
Thanks AlbertaGovernor for your response. I am asking this because I live very close to buffalo (few hours drive), and for now I am crossing the border just apply PR card and get back to the US. For them, if this doesn’t a matter about the port of entry, then why would I fly 8 hours with spouse and kids and reach Alberta for a day and come back?
Please feel free to express your opinion.

thanks

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiann said:
Thanks AlbertaGovernor for your response. I am asking this because I live very close to buffalo (few hours drive), and for now I am crossing the border just apply PR card and get back to the US. For them, if this doesn't a matter about the port of entry, then why would I fly 8 hours with spouse and kids and reach Alberta for a day and come back?
Please feel free to express your opinion.

thanks
If you live close to buffalo then it makes sense to do what you are planning to do. just be prepared of what you will tell immigration in ontario. i would suggest you tell them you are planning to drive all way thru to Alberta after taking a stop in Toronto or wherever and final destination as Alberta. your friends address in Alberta should not be a problem. people have done this before. you can tell them your friend is letting you stay with them till you find a suitable accomadation. they might call your friend for verification if they doubt and you can tell your friend to be prepared to answer.

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
just wanted to update that i received my passport stamped. the visa is valid till may 2010, which is the date my medical was done. i started my process on october last year for AINP. received invitation in about 2 months from Alberta. Applied CIC on january. So, it took almost 10 months for total processing. I am planning to enter Canada in November via Buffalo border (just wanted to try that way). But, I am still wondering they have not mentioned anything about AINP applicant anywhere in the docs. (neither in visa, not in other documents). Even, they have not told me about which province i need to enter and reside. they just mention about immigration to CANADA & bla bla.....

thanks this forum for providing me valuable information throught my processing.
Canadiann.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiann said:
just wanted to update that i received my passport stamped. the visa is valid till may 2010, which is the date my medical was done. i started my process on october last year for AINP. received invitation in about 2 months from Alberta. Applied CIC on january. So, it took almost 10 months for total processing. I am planning to enter Canada in November via Buffalo border (just wanted to try that way). But, I am still wondering they have not mentioned anything about AINP applicant anywhere in the docs. (neither in visa, not in other documents). Even, they have not told me about which province i need to enter and reside. they just mention about immigration to CANADA & bla bla.....

thanks this forum for providing me valuable information throught my processing.
Canadiann.
Congrats Canadien,

Good luck to you and thanks for sharing all your valuable information.

druckers

Jan 5, 2009
Congrats Canadien.
Just wondering why no one posed this question to either CIC or Alberta immigration office. I'm sure there are good people at these places and would be able to give a good advise. As long as you show good intentions of settling down in Alberta, I don't think it'll be a big issue about the port of entry.

Just my two cents...